Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bugs That Bugs You the Most

1235»

Comments

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Well, the Problem is, you have to prove that these are defects and not by design. I don ́t think i ever find the guy who said that  "multi user managment is short before releasing " and "You will not see any problems with big signals in the passband"  as well as "We will constantly improve the software every few weeks" will repeat these words ( said on German "Ham Radio"  fair last year before we bought the radio. 
  • Paul G4AFU
    Paul G4AFU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Lasse....I'll stay with V2.49 for the time being. 
  • Tyler
    Tyler Member
    Regarding Spurious CW TX drop out: This started happening to me when I moved off QSK and started using semi-breakin. My 6600 is only a month old, HW v3.1.12.51, SmartSDR is latest version, Delay=265, and the BREAKIN button is turned off. Using a Winkey-USB, plugged into back of 6600, and headphones also plugged into rear of 6600. The dropouts occurred about every 5 minutes: the power went to zero, and the sidetone in my ears disappeared. The Winkey was still sending with my fingers. Let off the key, then started keying again -- restored proper CW output.

I think I've found a solution that works for me: also running the PTT from the Winkey-USB to the PTT input on the rear of the 6600. After a few hours of operating, this "dropout' hasn't come back. If there are any CW delay settings in SmartSDR that I could tweak, I'd really appreciate it -- right now everything is default (zero). I may be just lucky, but so far so good. If someone wants to update issue G7759 with this info, that would be super.

Regards, Tyler N4TY
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Just to keep the **** stired l. Still no properly working ANF.

Or, ALL MODE Squelch.

James

WD5GWY

• DL2CC
    DL2CC Member ✭✭

What bugs me the most is that there is no communication whatsover regarding known defects. We have no clue on whether FlexRadio is working on them or not. I've opened several support requests regarding CW dropouts in the past and never received a good answer, just that the tickets were closed and it would be handled in a "software defect". No communication after that.

G7759 (or whatever they call CW dropouts internally) is most likely the defect that will make me switch radios and sell all my Flex stuff at one point in the near future. CW is just too important to me to NOT have a radio that is anything less than perfect for CW.

For FT8 you surely don't need a pricey Flex 6700.

• P Rollin
    P Rollin Member
    [{"insert":"Agree! Sold my 6600 and Maestro. The Flex is just too \"flaky\".\n73 Paul G4AFU\n"}]
  • It's the same for me: " TX dropout both with the bug connected to rear key socket"
  • Uwe - DK3WW
    Uwe - DK3WW Member ✭✭

Yes, you don't hear about Flexradio anymore. Will these bugs be fixed or not ... Will there be improvements? NB, CW hang, TX dropouts... The next release in a few years? A little more communication would really be better!

73! Uwe

DK3WW

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭

There are three of us in the Norwich area in the UK with the CW dropout problem and we are just tired of either reporting it or commenting on it any more. The Flex IS a good radio but the support is not forthcoming, UNLESS there is a lot of work going on in the background that we don't know about.

I am running version 2.7.6 which seems the least troublesome.

I think the Apache has more innovative updates and attractive "must-haves".

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Uwe - DK3WW
    Uwe - DK3WW Member ✭✭

Hi Roger,

Yes, the ANAN 7000DLE, for example, is an excellent TRX, but unfortunately has a very noisy T / R switching. If you want to use QSK, it sounds like mother's sewing machine. Why do most manufacturers not build in PIN diode switching? Apache also ignores the CW OPs just like Expert Electronics (Sunsdr). That's too bad.

73! Uwe

DK3WW

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

Got rid of all my Flex gear due to the flaky radio, and bugs. Other SDR manufacturers are going right by Flex with features. Flex is antiquated as far as software goes.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@aa3ssradio

Why are you here?

• Hi All,

As an update to my CW transmit problem, I haven't experienced it for months since I put current chokes on the two cables connecting the two outputs of the transceiver to the two inputs of the amp and on the two coax runs from my remote antenna selector switch to the amp outputs. Those two chokes are at the remote selector switch. My rig is a 6600m with a PGXL driving various wire dipole antennas. I average about 70 QSOs per week. The chokes are 10 turns of LMR 240 through Palomar Engineering mix 31 torroids. Maybe I am just lucky, but this is my experience.

Jim AD0AB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.