SmartSDR v3.3.32 and the SmartSDR v3.3.32 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.0 and the SmartSDR v2.8.0 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.24 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.24
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.8 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.8
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartLink Not Working After 3.2.31 Upgrade
I have a remote Flex 6700 about 2.5 hours away. I upgraded the software/firmware on the remote PC via Teamviewer and everything went smooth. No errors but the Flex couldn't connect to the internet. Changed the Flex to DHCP and was able to connect. I came to the forums to see the latest info on the static IP address bug.
I wasn't port forwarding any ports on my local router for Smarklink to work before the upgrade and everything was working correctly.
Now my local Maestro and the local PC see my remote 6700 but won't connect via SmartLink after the upgrade. When I turn the 6700 off, the radio disappears from the Maestro radio select screen, so I know it sees it. When I try and connect after selecting the radio and firmware version, it loads the blank waterfall screen template, but just sits there and doesn't connect.
Here is what I've tried.
1) Manually forwarded UDP WAN port 22022 to 4993 and TCP 21012 to 4994 on the flex (which still has the DHCP address). No dice. Again, the Maestro and computer "see" the 6700, but can't connect. I have confirmed those are the correct ports configured in my 6700 via the Smartlink setup screen. I didn't have to forward ports on my router for Smartlink to work before the upgrade.
2) Tried to unregister the 6700 from Smartlink. After a failure, it finally unregistered. I re-registered (it didn't ask me for my username and password, which I think is weird) and still no luck. When I try and "test Smartlink" it just hangs. The 6700 has a good IP, subnet mask and gateway to get to the internet.
3) Logged out and back into my Smartlink account on my Maestro. No luck.
Any ideas before I enter in a support ticket? I'm hopeful a full reset on the 6700 isn't the solution as I don't have access to it without making a day of driving to the remote station.
Leave a Comment
- 18.7K All Categories
- 141 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 294 The Flea Market
- 6.3K Software
- 5.4K SmartSDR for Windows
- 95 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 218 SmartSDR for Mac
- 188 SmartSDR for iOS
- 181 SmartSDR CAT
- 116 DAX
- 321 SmartSDR API
- 7.9K Radios and Accessories
- 6.4K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 636 Maestro
- 30 FlexControl
- 780 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 435 Genius Products
- 253 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 158 Tuner Genius XL
- 24 Antenna Genius
- 124 Shack Infrastructure
- 79 Networking
- 215 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 94 Contesting
- 319 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 89 Amateur Radio Interests
- 602 Third-Party Software