Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to register Smartlink

Options
KG9LD
KG9LD Member ✭✭
Hello all,

I hope I am able to avoid a help ticket and get pointed down the right path here.

I took possession of a used 6500. It does not seem to have any issues. I have it connected via a tp-link bridge that my Imac is on. I'm running the latest version of Smartsdr for Mac and have upgraded the firmware on the 6500 without issue. I am getting green lights and the Imac is running online and the radio just fine.

My problem seems to be a networking issue with the 6500 getting usable internet access. I am unable to register the radio to Smartlink. The ptt part works but it is still unregistered and the test smartlink option just hangs as though there is no internet.

I "think" I created a port forward for the lan port I'm using on the router (Uverse Gateway) and enabled DMZplus mode (allow all applications) on the router ( temporarily) to test/troubleshoot.

In preferences I have it set to Connection Type: Both, Lan/wifi mode: Discover.
The lan ip address is: 108.199.175.24 and the radio ip address is 192.168.1.103.

If I could figure out how to post screenshots here I would. I'm not real good with router settings and port forwarding but I think I did everything ok.

If you are able to help me, thank you in advance!

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

By the lan address, is that the address of the router?

• KG9LD
    KG9LD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm guessing it is
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@kg9ld did you get this resolved?

• KG9LD
    KG9LD Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I did Mike. It took 2 Teamviewer sessions with the guys from Flex but it's working great.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.