Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I ordered a Maestro in Oct 2020. Anyone else getting things shipped or know anything?

Bill
Bill Member ✭✭

Hi..I ordered a new Maestro 4.x months ago and plan to hang in there for it. But I'm wondering if the entire product lines and delays are throughout the company and if this is allowed to be discussed here? Can anyone help with what is really happening?

1. Have other products been affected
  2. Are the products in production at all?
  3. Is the company in trouble?
  4. Have they shifted from amateur to commercial mfg ?
  5. If you are waiting like me how long has it been?
  6. If Flex is monitoring this can you please let us know? I have to email or use the contact page to be told...does Flex offer an 'update' page dedicated to shipping issues per product?
  7. Although I have a 6300 and ordered a Maestro and plan to hang in there...I wonder about ordering any future products . Are you gonna produce and ship? Are you gonna catch up at some point?
  8. If you're having parts and production issues a quick question that comes to mind is are you doing R&D and development of any new series?

Love my FLEX and plan to use it a long time but I am amazed by the delays in shipping when I see FLEX advertising and offering deals at the virtual hamfests and other sales points. Will you ship those? Tx for any positive input. I'm not bashing I'm just frustrated...

Bill

Best Answers

• K5EBQ
    K5EBQ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I ordered a 6600 and a Maestro in August. I received the 6600 in just a few weeks, but am still awaiting the Maestro. I have threatened several times to pursue the used market but as Flex is re-designing the Maestro to replace unavailable component parts, I decided to wait for the latest and greatest.

But I do share your frustration.

John
    K5EBQ
  • K5EBQ
    K5EBQ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I ordered a 6600 and a Maestro in August. I received the 6600 in just a few weeks, but am still awaiting the Maestro. I have threatened several times to pursue the used market but as Flex is re-designing the Maestro to replace unavailable component parts, I decided to wait for the latest and greatest.

But I do share your frustration.

John
    K5EBQ
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Still waiting for one here also

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think the main Difference they are being built in house and NOT outsourced because of the outsourced outfit went out of business with Covid-19 at least that's the last I heard.

Answers

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Thank you. I did NOT know they are redesigning the Maestro. They have responded to a ticket request but not that info. Yes..I will wait for a new design too if it's happening. Tx for reply

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Update: I heard back from them the shipment date has been moved to 4th QTR 2021 for the Maesto I ordered in Octo 2020. Gotta love what they're doing to hang in there. At least I'm in the que. BTW they said a FIRE in a huge China plant caused part problems. And a mexican partner that mfg a lot of the equipment closed their doors b/c of COVID.

So I decided to order a USB knob...and turns out it has a 4 week backlog too.

Good thing is if I don't like what I have I can probably SELL it online for MORE than what I paid! Not really but just thing the whole thing is interesting.

I also would imagine if they are making anything for Unc Sam that THEY would get preference on anything. :-)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The update is what you see on the Maestro ordering page. We do keep that current.

The sad news is that there are a few factors, non-trivial, that continue to delay the build and shipment of the Maestro.

This is **** us as well as we would love to ship you product within hours of your order and we hope to get back to that at some point when the roadblocks get resolved.

• ordered mine in November 2020
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I think the new Maestro will begin the end of this year, due to no parts availability the had to redesign it.

So you'll probabley be one of the early shipments BUT you may want to check with FLEX Sales to be sure your still on the list.

I have one ordered but I didn't order until they announced the Maestro 3

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you have a Maestro on order, you should have received a direct email from us today.

If not, please email maestro@flexradio.com and let us know.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Does the Maestro C come with a U.S. power supply and hand mic, or are either or both add-on accessories?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Mic is extra.

Battery for running portable is extra and the Battery charger for the Battery is extra if you want to run on a Battery, The Battery is like a Laptop Battery NOT a USB battery and I think.

The AC to DC power supply is with it and I'm sure you can tell them what country power cord you want when you order it for your country.

They sent out a questionnaire this morning so this is current information from the questionnaire.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Battery and charger recommendations for the Maestro C?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Ok looks like I'm up for a new Maestro C in a short bit. Just notified today a couple of weeks and to update my order. So I have a question about the batteries. I can buy one, two and same on chargers. In the FAQ it says the battery WILL CHARGE when the Maestro is plugged in with the 24vac (I think it's ac) charger...might be DC. Either way it converts it I'm sure. So the question.

If I buy just the battery do I need an external charger? I know the obvious reasons if I operate away from power for long I need to plug in and go hybrid again..but if I just buy a battery with the Maestro will all work fine with the wall wart they ship with the Maestro?

Tx all...

73, Bill

WB4KSP

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The external charger will charge the battery faster. It also allows you to charge a second battery while using the first battery in the Maestro.

It depends on how you are going to operate. Run time on battery on Maestro C is approximately 10 hours.

73 Dave wo2x

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Thanks for the quick reply. My operating time will be no more than a couple of hours at a time away from power (ac wall power). The battery is a luxury to allow portability at the house or on the road via WIFI. So I would put the battery in and let it charge and only unplug it when I moved it around. Hopefully that won't hurt the battery (charging ability)

Again, the main question is will the Maestro charge the battery so I only have to buy the battery and Maestro, not an external charger if I don't have extra batteries etc. TU for the help

73, Bill WB4KSP

• Mike-VA3MW

I just updated the Maestro C FAQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.