Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I ordered a Maestro in Oct 2020. Anyone else getting things shipped or know anything?

Bill
Bill Member ✭✭

Hi..I ordered a new Maestro 4.x months ago and plan to hang in there for it. But I'm wondering if the entire product lines and delays are throughout the company and if this is allowed to be discussed here? Can anyone help with what is really happening?

1. Have other products been affected
  2. Are the products in production at all?
  3. Is the company in trouble?
  4. Have they shifted from amateur to commercial mfg ?
  5. If you are waiting like me how long has it been?
  6. If Flex is monitoring this can you please let us know? I have to email or use the contact page to be told...does Flex offer an 'update' page dedicated to shipping issues per product?
  7. Although I have a 6300 and ordered a Maestro and plan to hang in there...I wonder about ordering any future products . Are you gonna produce and ship? Are you gonna catch up at some point?
  8. If you're having parts and production issues a quick question that comes to mind is are you doing R&D and development of any new series?

Love my FLEX and plan to use it a long time but I am amazed by the delays in shipping when I see FLEX advertising and offering deals at the virtual hamfests and other sales points. Will you ship those? Tx for any positive input. I'm not bashing I'm just frustrated...

Bill

Best Answers

• K5EBQ
    K5EBQ Member
    Accepted Answer
    I ordered a 6600 and a Maestro in August. I received the 6600 in just a few weeks, but am still awaiting the Maestro. I have threatened several times to pursue the used market but as Flex is re-designing the Maestro to replace unavailable component parts, I decided to wait for the latest and greatest.

But I do share your frustration.

John
    K5EBQ
  • K5EBQ
    K5EBQ Member
    Accepted Answer
    I ordered a 6600 and a Maestro in August. I received the 6600 in just a few weeks, but am still awaiting the Maestro. I have threatened several times to pursue the used market but as Flex is re-designing the Maestro to replace unavailable component parts, I decided to wait for the latest and greatest.

But I do share your frustration.

John
    K5EBQ
  • aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Still waiting for one here also

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I think the main Difference they are being built in house and NOT outsourced because of the outsourced outfit went out of business with Covid-19 at least that's the last I heard.

Answers

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Thank you. I did NOT know they are redesigning the Maestro. They have responded to a ticket request but not that info. Yes..I will wait for a new design too if it's happening. Tx for reply

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭

Update: I heard back from them the shipment date has been moved to 4th QTR 2021 for the Maesto I ordered in Octo 2020. Gotta love what they're doing to hang in there. At least I'm in the que. BTW they said a FIRE in a huge China plant caused part problems. And a mexican partner that mfg a lot of the equipment closed their doors b/c of COVID.

So I decided to order a USB knob...and turns out it has a 4 week backlog too.

Good thing is if I don't like what I have I can probably SELL it online for MORE than what I paid! Not really but just thing the whole thing is interesting.

I also would imagine if they are making anything for Unc Sam that THEY would get preference on anything. :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.