Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Use of DAX and EQ

Glenn Depp
Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

I have been curious and have not found in the little literature I have look through.

Does the DAX during transmit or receive also get routed through the EQ should they be turned on?

Just curious as if they do get routed through the EQ it would alter the digital modes being sent or received.

I hope the answer is the DAX bypasses the EQ settings.

Glenn

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

If you use the digital modes (DIGU / DIGL), all audio processing is turned off.

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Ted,

I dont use the DIGU/L unless running ALE as the automatic mode changes messes really badly with the whole system as digital is always USB.

When I use digital I also use Voice many times and don't want to switch back and forth, hense the question about DAX bypassing the EQ.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Glenn, one thought is to put slices A and B on the same frequency, one set to DIGU and the other to USB. Leave the DIGU side muted and the SSB side unmuted. To switch, just select the TX for the mode to transmit. Then you get the best operation for each mode, and only one button to click to change from USB to DIGU.

Len, KD0RC

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

FRstack has a feature to turn Dax off when SSB is selected, and turn Dax on when digi is selected on a slice.

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Thanks all. I started using the DigiU for all my operations. I guess I simply wish there was a user ability to turn off the AUTO mode change in the software, Not sure why they wont do it. But it works in DigiU, just not a good way to do it. I also wish the EQ would stop turning on all by itself, I find it has turned on when I happen to look, I dont keep that window visible as I do not use the EQ.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.