Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what's the use ,can't enable smartlink remotely

Options

This is upsetting, I have been told I have to enable smartlink at the home computer. I'm 9k miles away. So I have to suffer with using remote hams. So I have the best Radio and the Best AMP in my view point. but remotely has it limitations. Flex pats it's own back and we can remote any where , this is true till you have a maintenance issue, and have to send it back to FLEX. I hate to look a gift horse in mouth. My Radio was out of warranty and the payment for the repair says Warranty Parts SD Card. So anyone want fly on PROBO and get my smartlink up. , I'm rethinking my ham radio setup now.

Jim

WU5E

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

By “enable,” do you mean the initial setup of SmartLink? Most of us routinely operate via SmartLink from our remote laptops, Maestros, iPhones and iPads.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Jim

can your wife key the mic when it gets to the point during the SmartLink registration process?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use a relay contact to key the PTT or CW Jack on the Radio to let you remotely register the radio for SmartLink

Sorry you had issues but there is a work around for almost everything

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Normally, the smartlink setup is accomplished while local to the radio before operating remotely.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

Unfortunately Jim had a bad SD card. He was able to have someone send the radio for repair but the radio came back unregistered. Jim is away from the radio.

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    Options

my smartlink was setup, I was operating remote from Korea for 4 months then SD card failure back to FLEX then repaired then back to my station , now I have talk my wife to cable the radio back together and then talk her though smartlink setup again. So pray for me I don't loose my cool over this action.

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Jim,

That's tough duty, my only suggestion is to be very slow and very deliberate ... 🙂 She can do it for you , I am sure.

Dudley

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

Jim, you have my number. Feel free to give it to her. If she has an iPhone we can use FaceTime so I can see what she is connecting.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@James Kennedy-WU5E

Yes, you have to be local. This is 100% there as a security feature and we are sorry it is impacting you.

The good news is that it is a 1 time thing. Once you get it done you should not ever have to do it again unless you change your password to your login.

I see that @David Decoons, wo2x has offered to help. I would take him up on the offer.

73, Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.