Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro web based log on

On Monday I went to the county EOC with my Maestro to try and do remote base ops in preparation for Hurricane Sally. Unfortunately the WiFi system requires a WEB based logon to except terms of use in order to connect. I cannot find a way to do this with the Maestro or am I missing something?

Comments

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

Steve, Yes this is a limitation of the Maestro. I would have hoped Flex would have dealt with this before now!

Possible workarounds:

1. See if you can get a hardwire Ethernet connection.

2. You can also set up your own local wifi if your cell phone supports tethering ($$).

3. It's more hassle, but you could use a laptop (or Raspberry Pi!) that logs into the host's wifi and then supports ip forwarding with the Maestro via Ethernet. (May require advanced networking skills.)

This is based on my experience several years ago, but I'm not aware of any recent Flex developments in this area.

73 Martin AA6E

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

Wouldn't this be the same type of login at a hotel? So you would not be able to use the Maestro directly from a hotel wifi?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

The Maestro is not capable of using a captive portal where you have to log on to a web page before getting access to the full capabilities of the WiFi network. The only option I am aware of is to have the MAC address of the device whitelisted on the WiFi authentication server.

• Lou KI5FTY
    Lou KI5FTY Member ✭✭

all the firesticks and rokus of the world have figured this out by connecting the device to a cell phone where you auth then reconnect the device to the captive portal network after auth. Is that in the dev plan for the maestro?

• Steve N4GXX
    Steve N4GXX Member ✭✭
    Tim - Thanks.
    After working with the Okaloosa County Florida EOC for over 25 years and being the ARES EC twice over the years I can assure getting that MAC on a White List will not happen. I just take my laptop with SmartSDR on it and test that next week after everything calms down some more.
    Thanks all.
  • John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    The best solution I have found is to buy yourself a small travel wifi router. They will get you out of situations like this and many others when you cannot be sure of the network at a location that you will operate from. Here is an example of one similar to the model I have had for several years.

https://www.amazon.com/GL-iNET-GL-MT300N-V2-Repeater-300Mbps-Performance/dp/B073TSK26W
  • David
    David Member
    edited September 2020
    I used my Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G hotspot to connect my Maestro.

https://youtu.be/bPGAaXnM0M0

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.