SmartSDR v3.4.23 and the SmartSDR v3.4.23 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Maestro web based log on
Steve, Yes this is a limitation of the Maestro. I would have hoped Flex would have dealt with this before now!
1. See if you can get a hardwire Ethernet connection.
2. You can also set up your own local wifi if your cell phone supports tethering ($$).
3. It's more hassle, but you could use a laptop (or Raspberry Pi!) that logs into the host's wifi and then supports ip forwarding with the Maestro via Ethernet. (May require advanced networking skills.)
This is based on my experience several years ago, but I'm not aware of any recent Flex developments in this area.
73 Martin AA6E0
Wouldn't this be the same type of login at a hotel? So you would not be able to use the Maestro directly from a hotel wifi?0
The Maestro is not capable of using a captive portal where you have to log on to a web page before getting access to the full capabilities of the WiFi network. The only option I am aware of is to have the MAC address of the device whitelisted on the WiFi authentication server.1
all the firesticks and rokus of the world have figured this out by connecting the device to a cell phone where you auth then reconnect the device to the captive portal network after auth. Is that in the dev plan for the maestro?0
Tim - Thanks.
After working with the Okaloosa County Florida EOC for over 25 years and being the ARES EC twice over the years I can assure getting that MAC on a White List will not happen. I just take my laptop with SmartSDR on it and test that next week after everything calms down some more.
The best solution I have found is to buy yourself a small travel wifi router. They will get you out of situations like this and many others when you cannot be sure of the network at a location that you will operate from. Here is an example of one similar to the model I have had for several years.
David Member ✭I used my Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G hotspot to connect my Maestro.
Leave a Comment
- 19.8K All Categories
- 177 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 367 The Flea Market
- 6.6K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 107 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 269 SmartSDR for Mac
- 210 SmartSDR for iOS
- 200 SmartSDR CAT
- 137 DAX
- 330 SmartSDR API
- 8.1K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 673 Maestro
- 35 FlexControl
- 803 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 550 Genius Products
- 312 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 200 Tuner Genius XL
- 38 Antenna Genius
- 160 Shack Infrastructure
- 105 Networking
- 277 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 108 Contesting
- 418 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 103 Amateur Radio Interests
- 697 Third-Party Software