Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 update problem

N6WT Kent
N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
Windows 10 did an update this evening. When I tried to start the radio and SSDR the radio will connect to SSDR but no slice is present. If I try to add a slice the radio disconnects from SSDR and the power button flashes red and the radio reboots. all to happen again. I have tried a cold start of the radio and rebooting windows and still the same.

Windows 10 1909
SSDR 3.1.8
Flex 6600

Help
Kent
N6WT

Comments

• N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I also just tried to connect the radio with the Maestro and the same thing happens.

Kent
    N6WT
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    You should try a factory reset on the radio. Make sure you export/save all your profiles first. I have had my 6700 act strange after Windows 10 updates, and the reset worked for me.
  • Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    edited April 2020
    Kent,

Please create a helpdesk ticket and have Ken or Tim help you with this.

Dan, N7HQ
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    While you're doing that look in settings, security and whatever, too early for me and copy down all the updates done by the kb serial number. Everybody is in slightly different places but the was one for me, in a lower tier of insider, that destroyed flex.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Can you review your firewall settings?

Make sure your network card is set to a private setting and not a public setting. Microsoft has a habit of changing that setting
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    I run Windows 10 Pro, so that allows me to defer updates.  This morning, I forced my update after I shutdown everything first.  It came up just fine, but, yet again, Windows changed my LAN Card from Private (which I want) to Public (which I don't want).

It might give you something to check for.  

• N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I did a radio reset. All is well now. Was it a radio problem or a SSDR problem?

I'm not sure why this happened at the same time as a Windows update?

Mike, Yes windows changed my network setting also.

Thanks for all who replied.

Flex Nation!!

Kent
    N6WT
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    A factory reset of the radio only addresses radio issues.
  • N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just coincidence then? Okay.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Probably.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I did the update and after each update I check to be sure it is still shown a Private!! It does. Windows has never changed it from Private to public!! With that being said, it always shows in the network breakdown that it is not only Private, but it also recognizes my Netgear AC1700 Router... I wonder if this has something to do with the brand of your home router, and how it may be set up... Also, I get at least 1 or 2 firmware updates from Netgear each year,,, so one may want to log in and update the firmware on the router... Just my take on this...

https://kb.netgear.com/23854/How-do-I-use-the-VPN-service-on-my-Nighthawk-router-with-my-Windows-cli...

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tim, How do you do a factory reset on Flex 6600, I have a different problem.

• N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Avind from the manual: 
    38 RESTORING TO FACTORY DEFAULTS
    Restoring the radio to factory defaults will clear any installed waveform modules, persistence and profile data in the radio and return it back to its original state. Default profiles are restored if they had been deleted. It is recommended that you make a backup of your Global, Transmit and MIC profiles before resetting the radio back to factory defaults.
    NOTE: This should only be used as a last resort. If you are having trouble with your radio, please submit a HelpDesk support request.
    FLEX-6400M / FLEX-6600M Reset Procedure
    With the radio powered off, press and hold down the Power button until the Power LED blinks white, then release the Power button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.
  • Mark JS
    Mark JS Member
    Most likely it was necessary to update Windows with the radio disconnected from the computer ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.