Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way to read the temperature of the finals from inside of SmartSDR for Windows?

I can read the temperature of the finals and other things on my iPad from inside of SmartSDR for iOS but I can’t see how to do this from SmartSDR for Windows. I would rather be able to do this with SmartSDR for Windows rather than having to run another program like DDUtil on my already over-taxed old computer. Looking forward to your answers!

Thanks
David, N4IW

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2020 Answer ✓

Yes!

You have to use FRStack on your PC. http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

You can't use SmartSDR to do this at this time.

Mike

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓

In this post, you asked a question where you wanted to get an answer, but the post was designated as a discussion topic. Please see the Message Board post Using New Q&A (Question & Answer) Feature for how to create a Question and Answer (Q&A) post. I went ahead and converted your post to a Q&A.

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks everyone for your answers. I appreciate it and have some new Apps to try out I suppose. I was hoping this was possible inside of SmartSDR like it is on SmartSDR iOS but it seems it is not yet possible.

Answers

• You can use the SDRMonitor utility from K9DUR. k9dur.info
  • Here is a look at the SDRMonitor utility on my Flex 6600 while listening to 4 fire control frequencies in San Jose.
  • I use a small utility called "Flex Meter: version 1.2. Have had it for several years, but I am not able to find it on the internet for some reason. If you would like, email or message me and I will get you a link.

Brad, N4PYI

• David N4IW
    David N4IW Member ✭✭

I have now been using FR Stacks for quite awhile and it does a great job for me. It’s exactly what I need. Thanks Mike!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.