Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Option to set RCA TX Ports for Tune independently

Dwayne_AB6A
Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I would like the option to set the RCA TX Ports Enable / Disable for the Tune Button...

When I switch bands, I switch Transmit Profiles between an Amp and No Amp version so that when I hit the Tune button, the amp is not keyed up while Tuning is occurring.

I would instead like additional fields in the TX Profile so that RCA TX1/2/3 can be set differently for tune vs normal transmit...

40M | RCA TX1 | RCA TX2 | RCA TX3 | RCA TX1 Tune | RCA TXT2 Tune | RCA TXT3 Tune 

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not sure I fully understand your need, but....in the meantime before this may be added to Smart SDR, take a look at FRStack, "TX RCA" under "options".  Your functionality to inhibit any of the RCA TX Ports during Tune may be available here.

I found you have to be tuning from within FRStack for this TX inhibit to work.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would like to assign a dedicated foot switch or hand switch to the tune function, are there any ports on the back of the 6600M that I can do this?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No, nothing directly for remote tuning on the Flex.

FRStack has a "Tune" button.

I set up a "Tune" button on my Node-Red Dashboard.  Using a Raspberry Pi and a GPIO "in" pin, operating the  Tune button with an external switch could be made to work.   Here is a link to the Flex Community Node-Red discussions;

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote-operating-and-node-red

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Not sure this can be done because the RCA TX1-2-3 ports are outputs not inputs, depends on if these come from switching transistor's on the newer radios like the older radios of course, I know they could NOT do this.

Why can't you just change the mode to CW and hook your foot switch to the KEY jack?  
    You could build a little switch box to have the Foot switch between the PTT and the CW Jack.
    Bret
    WX7Y

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Any pins on the DB15 that could be used?
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I added additional PTT logic, as you describe (tune inhibit) and more (exciter power gate), for my Palstar LA-1K amp, using logic inputs from the Flex Server and relays in series with the Flex PTT RCA jacks.  Node-Red running on a Raspberry Pi ties it all together.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I do not see anything like that in the hardware manual.   There is a TX inhibit, but that would prevent you from also tuning.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    OK I guess when the warranty expires I could just tap off the tune button on the front panel and mount a jack on the back of the 6600M for an external hardware tune switch like a foot switch or hand switch.
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    All these replies and I really appreciate the feedback but SmartSDR is software... It is such an easy programming change to make. I know since I develop on a number of platforms.  
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It is possible to do this with FRStack and a Stream Deck. I have it working very nicely using a REST "Tune" command to FRStack, and clicking on the "Tune" button on the remote control program for my KPA1500 using AutoHotKey.
    I use a "switch" function on the stream deck, so the second push cancels the above. It really works very nicely.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.