Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

This about Q5 transverters

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
I ordered a Q5 432 transverter over 12 days ago One email after I order then dead silents So this morning I sent email to Q5 and they said  Actually, we are running ahead of schedule!

I expect your transverter to be ready to ship in the next several days.

I'm tracking satellites just to track them

Maybe ordering from Q5 was not the best choice.

There business model maybe not be the best.

Jim
WU5E

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jim

Q5 (Corey) are great people to deal with.  I ordered a 432 one a few weeks back and just got the payment request today.  Don't forget, everyone is challenged at the moment.

It does say on their web site that things ship in 3-6 weeks.  So, it sounds like they are meeting their advertised expectations.  

Mike
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Same for me and IMO, outstanding customer support. They are built to order and this is stated on their website. They don't charge you until they ready to ship. I received feedback they would invoice me when they were built. About two weeks and they confirmed they were complete, invoiced me, and shipped.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    While I appreciate your support for Q5 , I will keep final judgement out. Maybe I keep will my fuze short I'm 15 days away from station shut down for 13 months as my job will take me to korea. cheers!.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    James, venting here might not be the best use of time.  I find Corey very responsive and accomodating.  You may want to let him know of your time constraints.  You may also be able to upgrade your shipping to a faster shipping.  

Often, he may have hardware supplier issues to deal with. 

All it takes is 1 part that does not make the unit complete to hold it up.  That could be a simple as a washer, rubber feet or an LED.   

This is the email address I was using yesterday q5signal@gmail.com.

Mike

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

The delay is never good, but Im positive youll love it when it arrives. Mine works flawlessly, and the support from Corey at Q5 was absolutely fantastic.  Trust me...… its worth the wait
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I too agree with the positive comments for Cory.  I once "smoked" my Q5 transverter and Cory was nothing but helpful and available all times of the day to help me repair the unit.

I wish Amazon Prime, could now deliver in two weeks!  Any order now for radio related parts takes one month, even for Amazon Prime orders that I previously received the next day.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited April 2020
    The Q5 product line is made-to-order. I mean, don't you remember filling out the questionnaire where you chose the various options for the device you were purchasing? When I ordered mine it was perfectly clear to me that I would have to wait for Corey to build the device that I ordered. Shees! If you wanted something shipped next-day, you should have gone to that Russian vendor who has a bunch of one-size-fits-all circuit boards stored in tubs.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    all I have the 432 Q5 Transverter and it's working good,The 2m transverter is ordered. Who is using PstRotator to talk to Flex 6600? so FLEX and PstRotator will track each other? 
    To SteveM I have been blown up twice while serving in combat and yes I forget this , I know you didn't know this so I will over look your Shees . So anyone using Q5 Transverter with PstRotator version 15.83 please give me some pointers 
    Jim-WU5E
    update I have it working now , thanks for listening

Jim WU5E

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.