Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM Leading Numbers T

Terry K8EET
Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Third-Party Software
Anyone know why cannot get N1MM to send Cut Numbers (T instead of Zeros) I have enabled Cut Number Style. I have checked "Send Cut Numbers" and tried checking and unchecking the checkbox for "Sending Leading Zeros" (?)

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    I'm sure you have seen this ... just in case

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/setup/the-configurer/

• Send leading zeros in serial numbers – Serial numbers, which are sent either using the # macro or the {EXCH} macro (if the Sent Exchange box in the Contest Setup contains 001), may be sent either with or without leading zeros (e.g. 003 or just 3), depending on whether this option is checked or not. In CW, the “cut numbers” option can be used to send the leading zeros as T or O instead of 0. The leading zeros option does not affect numbers other than serial numbers
    • Send cut numbers – In CW this causes serial numbers, and RSTs if you are using the {SENTRSTCUT} macro, to be sent using the Cut Number Style set at the bottom of the dialog. Ctrl+G can be used to toggle this option while operating. The new status after toggling will be shown in the status line at the bottom of the entry window. Numbers other than serial numbers and {SENTRSTCUT} will not be affected by this option. The cut numbers option does not apply to SSB or digital modes
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Mike, Thanks for the quick response.  Perhaps, cut numbers only works with {SENTRSTCUT} which are not used in the QSO parties. I guess I have a work around by putting a TT# in the exchange. I'll just remove one T when I get to 10 and the other one when/if I get to 100. Only mildly inconvenient. I thought this worked in previous QSO Parties.
  • W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Terry, I use the "send leading zeros" option and "send cut numbers" checked in the Config>Function Keys section. When I exceed ten I remove the "send leading zeros" check. I use the "#" for the exchange. It's pretty fast this way, too.
    John
  • Terry K8EET
    Terry K8EET Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks John, Yes I came to the conclusion that was what I was going to have to do and it isn't that difficult. I was banging my head against the wall thinking that there must be a more straightforward way to do it. (Maybe there is)

Thanks for your comments,
    73 Terry
    K8EET

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.