Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

EASIEST logging software!!??

Francesco Doenz
Francesco Doenz Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I am looking for an easy to use logging logging software , NOT the best with all bells and whistles! Just want to keep track of the QSO's I made....otherwise stated I do not want to spend too much time to study the software itself!!
Many thanks in advance for your opinions!!

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Take a look at FRLogger.  It was designed specifically for Flex radio.  It provides simple logging and much more if you want or need it.  http://ws7m.net/index.php/logger
  • Ed, K6VMV
    Ed, K6VMV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Francesco, I've been a ham for over 60 years and like you, I wanted a simple, user friendly logging program.  I tried many and finally found ACLog by Scott, N3FJP.  Scott offers many logging programs but I just use the basic Amateur Contact Log.  Here is the website  https://www.n3fjp.com/ . It is very popular.  Check out the 194 reviews on eham.net.   I strongly encourage you to give it a try.  You can try it for free for 45 days. The cost is $24.99 U.S. if you chose to buy it.  You only have to pay once and you can load it on to as many computers as you want.  Scott constantly upgrades the program at no extra charge.  He quickly responds to any questions.  I have been using this program for many years and I don't see any need to use any other program.  Good luck and happy hamming.  73, Ed, K6VMV  
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I use his SS and Field Day loggers (and I've used several others in the past. So I agree his AC Log should be perfect. I don't know if you can add notes or details?
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The easiest log to use is Microlog by WA0H.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I run ACLog also easy to use not real expensive
    Jim
    WU5E
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    It's such a good feeling to be part of this Flex community, many thanks to everybody, I will give them a try....I am a hamradio amateur who came late to this hobby...at my retirement and on top of it I was not at all involved in technical stuff during my career....again many thahks!
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    Well, after a week of testing these software I elected to use the ACLog by Scott, by far the easiest one for my modest knowlegde in informatics, in fact it was the only one I could use directly after having downloaded it, really intuitive!!!
    Many thanks to all of you !
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Me too.
  • Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Have been using it for last 4 years works well for contest & non contest logging.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
  • Francesco Doenz
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Alex, loaded it, but it needs figuring out how to start, the AClog started right after having loaded it, but I know the problem is with me and not the software! Certainly one more excellent software!
    Thank you for your suggestion! It may also help others....
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I bought the full package of logging software from N3FJP for a nominal fee. The local club also uses it for events like field day, with several stations logging to a server for reporting.
  • Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭

+1 for ACLog (and the Contest Log variants) especially useful if you use the Flex API interface.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Another +1 for AC Log.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I use HRD, and I tried them all 2 years ago and bought most of them.

But, when the dust settled, I went back to HRD for its radio integration, database and Awards tracking as they were 1 click things.

Regardless of the logging program it really does have to work for you. Just like a Car. They are not all created equal.

• Thanks to all of you for your inputs, yes it's really a personal taste, I am now definitely with Log4OM...

• foxydog275
    foxydog275 Member, Unconfirmed
    Microlog by WA0H. Has anyone been able to have this program work with a Kenwood
    590sg? If so what settings did you use on the transceiver and
    Computer?
    KW4DI
    kjwone@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.