Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using 6400 on 11 meters band

2»

Answers

• Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    I would also like clarification on how ARRL regulates the use of radio frequencies in other countries. I would also like to understand how the IARU regulates the use of the CB band in other countries from this list http://radiochief.ru/radio/spisok-divizionov-si-bi-diapazona/ 
    If I am not a member of ARRL, should I comply with the requirements of this organization outside of USA Or can I be guided by the rules of my country? )))

If this is of course only a problem in reconciling with IARU and ARRL or is the reason something else?

If my idea is difficult to understand, then can it remove modulation from Flex Radio and FM? Anyway, in competitions and on HF this is not used by ham radio It would be a joke if it were not so sad ...

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Igor,

The ARRL does not regulate ham radio. It only promotes the hobby. It is not an official organization.
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The ITU International Radio Regulations (IRR) govern the use of the radio spectrum. Article 25 of the IRRs define and regulate the Amateur Radio Services. The IRR Table of Frequency Allocations defines the portions of the spectrum allocated to the Amateur Radio Services on a primary and secondary basis. The 11m band is not allocated to the Amateur Radio Services in the IRRs.

Tim VE6SH
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Why oh why does this even warrant a thread?
    I have never come across any signs of intelligent life on 11 meters.
    Listening to a leaf-blower would be more interesting.

Why bother to study, get a license for amateur bands, and then wish to
    jump back down into the sewer?

Everywhere ya' go.....

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Amateur radio is unique for many reasons, totally agree with you.
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019
    "Sewerage" exists both in the CB band and in HF. The difference is only in size. The fact is that these are two parallel developing directions and many simply do not know anything about CB radio communications, representing it only as a source of dirt. In fact, they also have their own associations and have QSL cards. They look like this for example https://autocanal12.ru/download/file.php?id=642&sid=48f23a8a31f551221bc9ae2a0a2ed770&mode=view 
    They work on the same hardware as you and SSB as well. I worked at CB with many stations in Europe and everyone was polite. I have been on HF since 1979 and worked for a while at CB where I still have friends. Not all people are bad and not all good are everywhere!
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited November 2019

I'm interested in what Flex was guided by including the 11 m range in their old releases of the SSDR program for Flex 6000 if this is not reflected in the ITU International Radio Regulations and ARRL in any way? Why then it was possible to work for CB and now suddenly decided to get rid of this, what happened?
  • orgoblo
    orgoblo Member ✭✭
    PUT N END TO THIS DISCUSSION...WHAT

Neither the FCC nor FLEX nor any other 'well intentioned' agent/agency has the right to TELL ME HOW TO NOT USE MY PERSONAL PROPERTY!! Indeed: misuse can bring forth violations and penalties. BUT....since when are these to TELL ME WHAT I CAN NOT DO with my personal property. No....its a classic example of 'sheeple'. The radio CAN be used on 11m....I will see to this!!! If it isn't already a 'been there ...done that'. Man....you LIBS!!!!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Flex is bound by FCC regulations for type acceptance, as are other radio manufacturers who want to sell radios and amplifiers in the U.S. This includes methods to restrict the radios and amps from transmitting in the 26 to 28 MHz range. Period.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I am closing this thread.

FRS's policy is well quoted when it comes to 11M operation. We apologize if that impacts your expectations moving forward.

This discussion has been closed.