Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

selecting radio at start up

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
When I click on the radio to select, the update window comes up if I click on update it will remove the ver, I have which is v2.1.32 ( just got my 6400 today ) and load a previous one ( which did not do ) where do I go from here?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    I suspect you have a CD with version 2.1.32 and a radio that has the latest version of SmartSDR.  I recommend downloading the latest version of SmartSDR (v2.1.33) and running that on your FLEX-6400.  If it asks you to update the firmware after you connect to the radio, do so.

Here is the link to download the latest SmartSDR for Window software
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v2-1-33_installer-exe/

If you have already installed a previous version of SmartSDR on your PC, you should remove it before installing v2.1.33
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tim just got the 6400 this evening and loaded the cd which says it is 2.1.32 should I download what I loaded before I download the 2.1.33?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2018
    If you have installed SmartSDR v2.1.32 on your PC - uninstall it and reboot your PC

Download SmartSDR v2.1.33 (link previous provided), Install it and reboot when prompted.

Run SmartSDR v2.1.33 and if the Chooser indicates that the radio needs to be updated, update it.  If not, select it and connect to your radio.
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    meant to say uninstall rather than downloads!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2018
    Yes, see the instructions I just provided above.
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Tim that got me on 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.