Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No panadapter display while remote

Peter WB6POT
Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've been operating remote since last July with no problems using my Flex 6300.  This morning when I launched SmartSDR on my Windows desktop the panadapter portion of the screen was blank.  Everything else seems to operate normally, just nothing scrolling on the panadapter.  I also tried using the iOS app and same results.  Teamviewing into my station and running SmartSDR on the local computer looks fine with everything working correctly.

I don't recall changing any settings from last night when it worked remotely to this morning when it wasn't.

Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks,
Peter (WB6POT)

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    I suspect it was nothing you did.

My guess is that your ISP made a change to their network routers, an intermediate ISP made a change to their network routers or the firewall/router at your remote location had a change made to it.
  • Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Tim - I contacted my isp and he confirmed there was some sort of power problem last night with the main isp that may have caused problems.  He'll be looking into it.

Thanks for your help!

Peter (WB6POT)
  • Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I still have not resolved this problem and was hoping someone could educate me on how my Flex6300 using SmartSDR / SmartLink works in remote operation.  When operating remote, suddenly ONLY the panadapter info is not passing through.  Everything else at the remote site works fine with the 6300.   My ISP was trying to work with me in resolving this but so far nothing.   I double checked things on my end and nothing has changed.

I guess at this point I'm just trying to understand what would cause JUST the panadapter data to not get through?  I'm so spoiled since getting the Flex that operating without the panadapter seems like operating blind.

Thanks,
    Peter (WB6POT)
  • Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Still looking for guidance from anyone with the knowledge.

Thanks,
    Peter
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You may have missed this today.
    In some cases the waterfall and panadapter are block with some routers.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/no-waterfall-my-personal-fix
  • Peter WB6POT
    Peter WB6POT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for replying.  I don't believe it has anything to do with my router.  Everything was working fine since I set it up last July.  My ISP had some type of power failure and when they came back up it no longer worked.  I'm just trying to understand what could have changed on his end so I can help get this working again.

I'm open to the idea that its on my end, however that seems unlikely due to the timing.  I've checked all my router settings and everything looks fine and I haven't changed anything in many months.  As I mentioned, everything was working fine until the ISP had this power glitch.

I'm actually working with 2 isps since my feed comes through a local guy (wireless) who gets his feed from the main fiber isp.  We think it has something to do with the fiber isp now blocking something that wasn't blocked before, however not knowing what needs not to be blocked, I'm not much of a help in this diagnosis.

Still looking for guidance.
    Thanks,
    Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.