Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6500 and Antenna Genius 8x1

Flex 6500 and 4o3a (force12) Antenna Genius WOW! no more reaching behind the radio love it! it follows my radio where every I go and will select the right Antenna. I did have to ask for Tech support but Ranko,4o3a support staff was Johnny on the spot. 15 minutes and it was up and running.

just a few more pieces ( flex amp and new rotor control) and my radio will be fully remote ready.

Comments

• Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'd like to ask a question that hopefully won't come across the wrong way. Not trying to stir up the **** or create controversy, just trying to understand people's motivation and thinking.

What's the big deal about Ranko's station automation that makes Flex owners so excited about it? Ranko is one of the many vendors that sells station automation, including single and SO2R remote antenna switches. I did consider going the 4o3a route and decided against it as Ranko's new hardware has not been battle tested. In comparison, the microHam and Hamation products have been around forever and work flawlessly.

So other than being a bit cheaper, what benefits do people see compared to other remote switches that automatically follow the radio? Why would people buy a brand new product with unknown track record and not the true and tried market leaders? I am going to build another contesting station next year and have to buy a second set of antenna switching equipment so this question has a very practical implications to me.

To be clear, please don't tell me that the switch follows the radio automatically. This is not a unique feature and I take it as a given.
  • Varistor
    Varistor Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Never mind, I figured it out. All other station automation products require a hardware CAT connection; 4o3a's products don't.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hey What rotor did you get ? A Spid? and what control?....do you have Force 12 antenna?

Thanks

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My Antennas are S9 vertical for 30m, Alpha-Delta DX-CC 80m-10m minus Warc , then on a tower 15m high a TA-63N  on a hazer ......no force 12 antennas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.