Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Etiquette

13»

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hear Hear!  I've taken up the troll's invitation to avoid reading anything he writes, which is completely useless from what I've seen. 

I went away for a while, and sad to say, the slipping tone in here hasn't gotten better. 

Signed Michael J Coslo, N3LI - aka King Coleslaw, conquerer of picnics
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you Coleslaw, Signed Troll - aka King of could care less
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Well...   I can't fault anyone for not posting their call sign. 

Switching the topic a bit, perhaps instead of requiring posting any personal info at least knowing if the person is a "verified purchaser" of a 6K series similar to the way Amazon and others handle reviews. On the community if there was an indication of this it might help.

Regards All

K-T--    T-- in  S--nt-l-z, -A. : US-  Ear-h

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

My world is an open book - I really do not give a **** who finds me...

But as Walt says I am rarely in one place long enough to be found...

I guess I have lived too long to be a conspiracy theorist but they never seem to happen..

If someone want to come visit me.. please do..

We get all sorts of unannounced guests all the time..

In fact, we really enjoy having visitors...as it gives us an excuse to party.

In California  I have a great automatic 4 bottle wine dispenser and a dedicated **** fridge for anyone who deems to visit...

Plus I have a rather large state of the art station in case you are sober enough to operate after we sample all my great wines...

In Paris, I have a favorite bar downstairs from the apartment and if you are still sober you can always remote via my station in La Jolla from the bar (200Mb/s x 200Mb/s Wifi link in the bar)....

In Sablet, we are part of a winery so you can drink all the great Gigondas wines you can handle and still remote to my station in La Jolla

In Healdsburg, my son's wines are a bit expensive to give away (He makes me pay retail to support the business) but we can always go for a ****..

Bottom Line: 

I really do not give a **** who finds me..as I can always use more drinking and dx buddies...

BTW....Your sign up with Get Satisfaction included a source IP address and email address.. unless you consciously blocked it...Flex already knows pretty close as to where you might be.... with a little detective work I have no doubt that someone who actually cared about you could easily find you..

BUT heck.. who really gives a **** who you are....as you are clearly avoiding my fabulous drinking and dxing invitations... and the Fantastic Curmudgeon of the Year Award...

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Glad you like my Shack in LaJolla Here is the view from Sablet image No it doesn't bother me at all that it took as long as 4 seconds to find me. I just believe that there no secrets and no one can hide from anyone determined to find you. So why waste all the useless effort to hide?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    ITim I know wher u live but I will miss u at lunch tomorrow.
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you Howard. I for one will be happy to accept your kind invitation to visit you the next time I visit the U.S. to stay with my daughter. Probably won't happen until sometime in 2018. I just hope you will be in California at the time. I would be most happy to reciprocate, if you ever visit Tasmania
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Love to meet you Winston. Let me know when your about to come so maybe we can coordinate schedules.

XYL hiked The BAY OF FIres a couple of years ago. She has been threatening me to hike it with her the next time. I hear the **** is quite good down there. So I might take you up on ur offer too. Maybe we can do a QSO sooner. I have an unimpeded shot across the Pacific to you.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am less inclined to give something out that gives my address so any loon can show up at my door step

Understand:  Cq Cq from beeeep. My name is beeeep, my QTH is beeeep and your signal rap is beeeep. :-)))))

73 Chris DL5NAM - QTH LOC: JN59PP69JO

PS: your welcome at my door step!

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I am controversial but I am no so much of a wimp that I hide. My address is easily found by looking up my call. The word courage is not usually associated with hams.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I would like to let you know NordicPC that you can have your callsign and name in QRZ.com without your physical address. You can provide the FCC with a POBox and remove any address that can lead to your wife.

If you were to take this steps, which will greatly improve your family's safety, will you then provide your real name and callsign here?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can do the address change from the comfort of your computer through the ULS website. http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home
    You can also submit Form 605 manually.
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, Howard we would be delighted to have you visit us next time you are in VK. As this is a little off topic, I will continue our discussion by direct email. 73 Winston ps we did meet briefly at the Flex Banquet in May while waiting in the queue for the second serving of food to arrive!
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Well bully for you, my wife begs to differ, nothing conspiracy about it. YOU could not find me, period. On QRZ or other Amateur site where everybody uses call signs it's different.

The great thing about the Flex forum, clearly, is that it's open to all who purchase their products without a few Amateurs getting their **** twisted because they don't use their call.

I am not trying to hide, I chose to not post my call sign on an open forum, period. My call sign isn't needed by a single person on this forum, not one. 

However clearly since you guys seem to post new threads whining about the lack of call signs after this one finally dies the death it deserves one of you will once again start another one.

This isn't your forum, none of you own it, but you sure don't mind running people through the ringer on it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have already addressed the FlexRadio position on this subject before.  Use of a call sign or any other uniquely public identifying notation in a user name will NOT be required to use the Community. Not now.  Not ever. Period.  This issue is closed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.