Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

maestro delivery

13»

Answers

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Nordic:  The 6500 + Maestro is a really nice combo. Your 6300 should serve you well. I like to QSO  from the station desk (near the 6500) but for SWL, Maestro portable about the house is fun stuff.

The YL has gotten interested and went all the way to Extra. So hopefully someone in the family will also be interested. For me, amateur radio lead to a career as an EE. My novice station (Drake 1A and Knight T60) were a great investment, although I still kick myself for selling the 1A!

Tim
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim - My history is similar. But I really did need to sell that AT-1 in order to pay tuition. $35 in 1955 was like $312 today. Cheers. -Dave
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Just helped a fellow ham search through his email as he thought he should have already received his Maestro invoice. Seems it was in a filter for about four weeks. Easy enough to sort out and with payment made he should have his Maestro on the way soon. Mentioning this as it is worth double checking ALL your email now and then for your Maestro correspondence if you think you are overdue. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That is a purpose built battery that is internal to the display module and is not capable of running the Maestro for more than a short time while the mail LiPo battery is swapped out.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Another quick question which may be very obvious but I don't want to assume. The battery I see linked to is an external, is the connector from the Maestro simply a micro USD connector, if so I have an awesome battery pack already that I bought last year.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZR4DOOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Burt, how about using it for listening or as a panadapter? I'm not familiar with the KX3/PX3.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Tim, I'm looking forward to it very much, I wish the Maestro would ship out at the same time but in the mean time I'm going to use a laptop and iPad and see how that goes. I'm also going to play with getting this to work over the WAN.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Burt, that's an interesting distinction you made. Yes, in fact, copying CW, rtty, psk would be a wonderful addition to SmartSDR unfortunately, I guess, contesters can copy it just fine in their head. I wonder if anyone has suggested that yet. Al?
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Walt, The idea I posted to add CW spots would utilize the CW skimmer server. So the capability to decode CW and display it is also possible. The data is there, just display it. It would be really nice to see this added to SSDR -- I expect as other vendors get further into software defined radios this will eventually become common. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/pfskimer_what_is_the_possibility_for_a_smartsdr_display_that_combines_panadapter_waterfall_cw_skimmer Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
  • KD4HSO
    KD4HSO Member
    edited June 2016
    Tim, I contacted sales.  They re-invoiced, I paid, and they will release for shipment.  They sent original invoice on 6/1 but I never got it; was not in junk folder either.  Anyway, should be good to go now. 
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Just got invoiced for my Nov. 10 order.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Yes
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hey Al! Perhaps, but all the major brands do it now, independent of SDR. Yes, I understand cwskimmer can do it but that information is available in the radio, no requirement need there be to rent a Windows only third party software product for $70/yr. And even that does not address rtty and psk which Elecraft and Kenwood do currently. I wasn't referring to spots, rather decoding splice bandwidth. I do spots from spotting networks not from the IQ data then see if any fragment resembles a call sign.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Walt,
    Agree, it should ideally be integrated into the SSDR application.  And by using the CW Skimmer server module (not the standalone CW Skimmer program) that would be possible.  Alex also offers a RTTY skimmer server.  So decoding and displaying both within the SSDR for Window  application is possible.

I wouldn't be surprised it FRS could get a deal on the pricing for the CW/RTTY server  modules and could pass it on as an option for those of interested in displaying and decoding those modes.  I'd be happy to pay for that service given I'm already paying for the standalone CW skimmer program anyway. 

Leveraging the work Alex has done on decoding CW and RTTY seems to make more sense than FRS spending the time and effort to develop those algorithms. I know there are others decoders available but my understanding is Alex's programs are the best. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW.................... V 1.6.21.77
    SSDR / DAX / CAT...... V 1.6.21.159
    Win10

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Not to badh but, other vendors have it as part of the radio, you know, those old 'legacy' dinosaurs
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Walt contesters can copy psk and rtty in their head?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Hey I can even do JT-65 in my head.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    In that case, Burt, I was referring to CW. I was suggesting as that was a standard feature now, perhaps the SDR should support it without having to rent a 3rd party app. <snark alert> I mean, if the lessor brands can do it, clearly it is not that difficult. ;-)
    badh = beat a dead horse, in case people thought that was a typo.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Looking forward to your impressions. :)
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lew - I just received UPS notification that my Maestro will be delivered tomorrow (6-15-16).
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited December 2016

Received my Maestro Yesterday (6/13/16). It was Pre-ordered September 24 2015. It works fine so far!

It will take a bit of getting used to!

Phill (WB3DHF)

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Looks like FRS is close to filling ALL back orders. What's next, we need something else to express concern about. ? :) Lew N4CO
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Burt, 

I'm not looking for a rig either, see the note where I state I bought one? I stated I'm not familiar with the KX3/PX3, that was a comment, not a question.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The comments on this topic have veered far off of the original question that was answered a while back, so I am inclined to close this topic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.