Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dirty distorted transmit signal

12346»

Comments

• David - N5DTX
    David - N5DTX Member
    edited November 2015

Just to follow up on this item, Tim started me down a path of analysis and discovery and I consider my issue RESOLVED.  For any of you that may encounter similar transmit issues, here are the bullet points:

Download the free "latency monitor" from "resplendence.com" and determine any DPC latency offenders.

• Updated PC BIOS - not relevant in my case, but good measure

• I disabled my wifi adapter in windows device manager since I'm hardwired - this helped somewhat (this showed up in latency monitor)

• Confirm all Windows sleep/power savings are "off" - this can create latency issues across many devices that aren't even asleep

• My Nvidia drivers and utilities were killing latency (kernelnvlddmkm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys)  I disabled the "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" and the "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device" in device manager - this helped the most by far. (this also showed up in laency monitor)

• There is still some low level Nvidia latency at this point, but I'm in the market for a new video card anyway so I will be purchasing something besides Nvidia.

• No more distorted transmit signal

Tim, Thanks again

• Douglas Maxwell
    Douglas Maxwell Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    This problem is a temperature related firmware problem affecting all 6300s. I challenge any operator who thinks their 6300 is fine to try powering their 6300 at non room temperatures and doing a transmit test from a cold start you will see the same problem some of us see at room temperatures.
  • Douglas Maxwell
    edited November 2015
    The problem is dependent on whether you cold start or re-start your 6300... Try it and see.
  • Douglas Maxwell
    edited November 2015
    I have this problem with my 6300. Try a cold start test (this will be bad), then try a re-start (this will be good). My 6300 has dirty tx on every cold start but good tx on a re-start. Try it and see.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    When I logged a support request about this, I was told that it was something to do with power-on calibration so after a 'warm' restart, it is at operating temperature when it calibrates but from cold it isn't and something is going wrong! I have downgraded to 1.4 until it is resolved. It is due to be fixed 'in a future version' apparently.
  • Douglas Maxwell
    edited November 2015
    This is what I was told as well. My 6300 is only 6 weeks old and I updated to v1.51 immediately. I have never tried v1.4 and support didn't recommend a change so apparently I have to just wait till v1.6 is ready. I do not understand why Flex need to wait for contesting mods to be finished before issuing a fix, very poor customer service!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.