Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius is powert cycling

Options
Mike
Mike Member ✭✭

Has anyone else experienced a TGXL power cycling randomly? I've had the unit about a year and it has ben rock sold. Lately at different times I hear a "click" and see the TGXL is powering on and off. I am not transmitting at the time I see the cycling. Anyone else experience this? If so what did you find was the problem? The cycling is not everyday and is not continuous.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Have you confirmed it isn't a Power Supply/Connector issue?

If not, then open a support ticket.

• Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes the power connection is fine. I did a restart where I actually power the unit down with the power switch and restarted. Seems to be stable now. This isn't the only time the TGXL has done this but it is infrequent.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Make sure the voltage is at least 14V. The TGXL actually wants a voltage of 15-28V (see the writings on the back of the TGXL.

If the supply voltage is around 12, it will do funny things.

Did you measure the voltage?

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

it happens …

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.