Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using ZeroTier one

Options
KG5PTE
KG5PTE Member ✭✭

Can the ZeroTier app interfere with Smart SDR and smart link with Microsoft windows ?

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Apparently.

However, the configuration is not trivial or plug and play.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes Mike I found out Zerotier is hard to configure.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I like the concept and it works well for my remote desktops. That was pretty simple to set up.

• Mark - W0QL
    Mark - W0QL Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m using ZeroTier to connect to my Remote Desktop BUT I’d like to use ZeroTier to connect from my Maestro to my remote 6600. Any suggestions? Another post here suggests Mikrotik. Are there configuration instructions somewhere for an average guy like me?

Thanks,

Mark W0QL

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

Danny, K5CG, put together this set of instructions:

https://cloud.siminiuk.com/s/kaFyEArt45LXZPiIt works well.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

I uploaded it as a PDF just in case the link to a personal filesystem disappears.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Mike-VA3MW I do not think the pdf-document turned out the way you intended :)

You might have a look, it's more like a scrren dump, and I get a time-out when trying the cloud.siminuk link

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

wonderful! :)

I will delete it.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So looking for a way to get the Maestro on the ZeroTier network.

Does any one know if I build a ZeroTier server on a Raspberry PI or PC at home where the 6700 is located as the Server and a Laptop or other Raspberry Pi as a Client that I could Bridge the Laptop (Client) Wireless on the Laptops Wired Ethernet port then connect the Laptop Wireless to a Public Hotspot then plug the Maestro into the Laptops Ethernet Port?

Hope that makes sense.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Bret, I haven't done anything with ZeroTier, but I have done that with SoftEther VPN. I have a diagram on my QRZ page. I use it to connect my TeensyMaestro when I am operating from my camper.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.