SmartSDR v3.3.33 and the SmartSDR v3.3.33 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Network access to radio
I have a 6400 and SPE Expert 1.5k that, while tethered to a computer sitting next to them, works perfectly using SmartSDR and SPEs software. The reason for moving to the Flex was to be able to move around between 4 buildings at my QTH and be able to take the "shack" with me. I have no internet available at the QTH so this is LOCAL network access only.
I now that the tower up and all the feedlines for antennas coming to the "radio building" and am finding I can not do what I want to do and need to see if it is me or hardware limitations.
- The SmartSDR software still works fine. I can operate the basic radio.
- FRStack works fine. (as do a number of other logging programs and such that I have been playing with).
- I have lost the ability to to send morse code because I can't plug into the back of the radio anymore. I can use CWT, which, although it works, I don't like. I prefer straight key.
- All control of the Expert amp has been lost. It is talking fine to the Flex for band, etc. but there does not seem to be an interface to control anything else. How is this amp controlled remotely? (On, Standby, Power level, etc)
If I can't get full "remote" just on a local network how on earth is it being done at a truly remote site?
What am I missing?
Why can't the Flex control the amp since it already is talking to it?
On the morse, I think the mistake is thinking about it as a digital signal (key up/key down) rather than an analog stream that would not be bothered by latency, but that's MHO.
Leave a Comment
- 19.5K All Categories
- 169 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 345 The Flea Market
- 6.5K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 99 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 257 SmartSDR for Mac
- 204 SmartSDR for iOS
- 194 SmartSDR CAT
- 131 DAX
- 327 SmartSDR API
- 8K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 658 Maestro
- 34 FlexControl
- 799 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 531 Genius Products
- 305 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 191 Tuner Genius XL
- 35 Antenna Genius
- 153 Shack Infrastructure
- 101 Networking
- 266 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 104 Contesting
- 403 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 100 Amateur Radio Interests
- 672 Third-Party Software