SmartSDR v3.5.9 and the SmartSDR v3.5.9 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.10.1 and the SmartSDR v2.10.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.8.4 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.8.4
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.20 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.20
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Network access to radio
I have a 6400 and SPE Expert 1.5k that, while tethered to a computer sitting next to them, works perfectly using SmartSDR and SPEs software. The reason for moving to the Flex was to be able to move around between 4 buildings at my QTH and be able to take the "shack" with me. I have no internet available at the QTH so this is LOCAL network access only.
I now that the tower up and all the feedlines for antennas coming to the "radio building" and am finding I can not do what I want to do and need to see if it is me or hardware limitations.
- The SmartSDR software still works fine. I can operate the basic radio.
- FRStack works fine. (as do a number of other logging programs and such that I have been playing with).
- I have lost the ability to to send morse code because I can't plug into the back of the radio anymore. I can use CWT, which, although it works, I don't like. I prefer straight key.
- All control of the Expert amp has been lost. It is talking fine to the Flex for band, etc. but there does not seem to be an interface to control anything else. How is this amp controlled remotely? (On, Standby, Power level, etc)
If I can't get full "remote" just on a local network how on earth is it being done at a truly remote site?
What am I missing?
Why can't the Flex control the amp since it already is talking to it?
On the morse, I think the mistake is thinking about it as a digital signal (key up/key down) rather than an analog stream that would not be bothered by latency, but that's MHO.
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 226 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 451 The Flea Market
- 6.9K Software
- 5.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 120 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 311 SmartSDR for Mac
- 233 SmartSDR for iOS
- 216 SmartSDR CAT
- 154 DAX
- 340 SmartSDR API
- 8.4K Radios and Accessories
- 6.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 706 Maestro
- 39 FlexControl
- 822 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 659 Genius Products
- 361 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 229 Tuner Genius XL
- 69 Antenna Genius
- 213 Shack Infrastructure
- 142 Networking
- 338 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 116 Contesting
- 538 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 108 Amateur Radio Interests
- 769 Third-Party Software