Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Slice - Can't add 1

Options

Answers

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've seen some startup issues ie no VOX. I've also had garbled TX and RX after rig has been on for a few hours. All in the last two days. Restart has cleared both issues. I'm not impressed with 3.3.32.

• Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Options

I have the thread indicating the same issues and have submitted a Help Desk Ticket, received a response and supplied info as requested. https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8027134/windows-10-updated-today-lost-all-functionality#latest

I tried the downgrade step to 3.3.29 and had the same issue with no slice. So, I upgraded BACK to 3.3.32 and the upgrade never finished. My 6500 is now displaying "Timeout" and the power LED is flashing red in 3-flash increments.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what Flex comes up with. Right now, my 6500 is a brick.

Mike KF9AF

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Tim is remoting into my system to collect some info. Update, Tim did log in and used some tools to collect a bunch of info from my 6500.

• pui3124
    pui3124 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    :'( why is this because mine is but not downgraded Go to version 3.3.29 Because I'm not sure how there should be a solution for this kind of incident. Why is it all on the same day, so many people? Is it because of the operating system or is it the software? i’m use flex 6700
    de E23NEZ
  • M0GZR
    M0GZR Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi

So far quick fix is to downgrade to 3.3.29 and it seems to be working on 6500

• EA7JQA
    EA7JQA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

I did a downgrade and it worked again, but I turned off and on my 6300 and again the same problems, I updated to 3.3.32 and the same, it started to work, and after turning off and on again, the radio does not work. .

•

• Duncan
    Duncan Member
    Options
    Exact same issue here at WE7L since early this morning (also submitted ticket then) with my 6700 running V2.8.0 Very odd we all experienced this on same day. Good luck to the engineers & others working on this for us. TNX for work-around info, but think I'll wait see if there's another fix.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Powered up my 6600M. No issues so far. Connected first from my Windows 11 pc, updated yesterday. Again, no issues. Just now connected with my Windows 7 pc and still no issues with SmartSDR. Currently running v3.32.32. It is odd that some have this problem with no Slice showing. And after downgrading and upgrading are back to normal operation.

Windows 11 did take an update last night to the DotNet runtime. At first I suspected that it was the source of the problems many are encountering. Now, I am not so sure.

James

WD5GWY

• MarkN7MHB
    MarkN7MHB Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. I tried the downgrade method and it looks like it corrupted my SIM card. getting the timeout error and the red light flashing. looks like I will have to submit a help desk ticket and most likely will be replacing the SIM card.

• EA7JQA
    EA7JQA Member ✭✭
    Options

G. Morning, Trucker, the problem is seem to be with with the Flex 6300, 6500 and 6700, I haven´t got news with 6400 and 6600 radios.

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello ,

this morning, when my 6700 started up, it reached 3/4 of the calibrating --> "timeout --> red lamp.

73 on5po,Janny

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    Options

Norbert,

I removed the program from the PC, downloaded 2.8.0, still a problem, "--> OK+ and we "au flex, now ok

• EA7JQA
    EA7JQA Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello on5op, like the song says "another brick in wall"... This is unaffordable, innumerable smartlink crashes, it is scary to update the equipment, cards that fail, little stability of the updates.

I also had to change the cpu and fpga fans of my 6300 due to lack of quality.

After one of the most notorious smartlink crashes, we installed a VPN so as not to depend on Smartlink, I was also criminalized for my comments, and for not having a vpn installed. I was lucky with the card, it had been changed at the technical service in Europe a year before, otherwise I would have been affected too.

Our radios are not exactly cheap to always be on the tightrope...

• KO8SCA
    KO8SCA Member
    Options
    I had this "no slice" issue yesterday. Tried different things (radio reset, removed Windows 10 recent updates etc.) but nothing helped. Upgrading the software from v3.3.29 to v3.3.32 fixed the problem. Used my Flex 6700 with v3.3.32 in the CWT today and it worked with no problems.
  • EA7JQA
    EA7JQA Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Eric, thank you for copy and paste the post of mike everywhere, I take part on a telegram group, and the majoriti people of the group with flex 6300. 6500 and 6700 have our radios as a brick , we have share the post of Mike.

We hope get our radios back again, there are a lot of ham operators all over the world afeccted for that issue.

Thak you very much.

• James Del Principe
    Options

I just now experienced this problem today, for the first time. Release 3.3.32 was working fine for months.

I also upgraded my laptop to rel 3.3.32 today but it has the same issue.

SN 2915-5040-6500-4848 Release 3.3.32.8203 Sure hope the solution comes quickly. Jim KD1I

• Rudyk2evy
    Options
    Quick & easy fix if you happen to be a bit lucky as I was. Was using a 6700, Win10, SDR version 3.3.29.7670. So no need to downgrade in order to upgrade back to latest version. If the version you are running precedes 3.3.32 you need only install the later version. My install was smooth and entirely automatic. My 3.3.32.8203 is running perfectly with all settings, profiles, etc., automatically installed.
  • James Del Principe
    Options

I just now experienced this problem today, for the first time. Release 3.3.32 was working fine for months.

SN 2915-5040-6500-4848 Release 3.3.32.8203 Sure hope the solution comes quickly. Jim KD1I

• WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    Options

I just got the same problem....6700 no slices

• Geert PA3CPS
    Options

Same problem here....6500 no slices

• Hamad Alnusif
    Options
    Same problem here downgraded to 29 and back to 32 and now I is working fine
  • EA7JQA
    EA7JQA Member ✭✭
    Options

We can see some can recover their radios downgrading and upgrading the software, the majority we have our Flexradios as a brick, I did everithing I could, imposible.

• James Del Principe
    Options

• NC4AB
    NC4AB Member ✭✭
    Options

In the same boat with everyone else was working fine yesterday, Flex 6500 running v2.8.0.

Turned the radio on this morning and have the same issues.

NC4AB

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a really weird bug. I don’t understand how firmware that hasn't been touched can fail. And I haven’t seen any reports of the issue on 6400/6600, which is even more weird since the same software is installed as the failing radios. My 6400 still works properly.

• K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    Options

Since it happened to a bunch of users on the same day, I suspect that a 3rd part (MS?) did a software update that uncovered a previously hidden bug in SSDR. At any rate, Flex has acknowledged there is a “software defect” and hopes to have a new release by the end of the week. It’s Thursday evening on the East Coast so we will see.

• James Del Principe
    Options

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@John KB4DU I had this issue before it was widely reported on my 6600M. It wasn't permanent though. All I had to do was restart the rig. All was fine. It happened two or three times.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

i have seen similar issue with my 6600m. The slice would appear but no control over it.. It appears as if no profile was loaded by the radio. So with the 6600m main screen i just loaded a profile and all was fine ..

no reset required for my setup

This seems to happen when i shutdown too quickly...not waiting long enough for orderly shutdown before removing power( aka turning off the power supply).

This happens whether i use ON/OFF button on the 6600m or if i use remote shutoff feature.

i need to be patient.. ;-)

Paul K3SF

This discussion has been closed.