Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Random Rapid Dropouts with AT&T?

Options
WK2Y
WK2Y Member ✭✭

I transitioned from Xfinity to AT&T fiber service. I am hardwired using fiber to the router using the latest SmartSDR to a 6500. Since the transition, every once in a while the rig reports it has lost connection with SmartSDR. It happens occasionally and when it does it's usually two or three times in a row and only for a moment. The connection immediately gets restored without my having to do anything.

Any thoughts about what might be happening, how to resolve it, or how I might diagnose it? I miss my IQ router where I could log in and see the record of service interrupts.

Thanks and 73,

Bob WK2Y

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If you have the AT&T fiber gateway, there is a app you can download for your Android and Apple iPhone that allows you to see and modify all the settings and events associated with the gateway and your home network. I found it was better to connect the devices in my shack to an unmanaged 1Gb switch and run a hardware ethernet cable to the gateway instead of running everything directly to the gateways internal router.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Any chance your Switch has any 'Green' settings?

Some of these have some power savings features that might contribute.

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    Options

I'll have to look into both of these. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.