SmartSDR v3.4.23 and the SmartSDR v3.4.23 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
New TURF file for Canadian Hams?
I know other Canadian hams probably got notified by RAC, but the Canadian Federal Radio Regulator, ISED, just updated their regulations to include expanded access to a number of bands, including 60m and 630m.
"On July 28, 2022, Innovation Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) released an update to a very important document for Canadian Radio Amateurs: “RBR-4 – Standards for the Operation of Radio Stations in the Amateur Radio Service”.
The document specifies what frequencies we may operate on and with what bandwidths.
There are two major new additions to our spectrum:
- 472 to 479 kHz, also known as 630 metres: on this new band, we are allowed to run a maximum of five watts EIRP, using emissions with a maximum bandwidth of 1 kHz.
- 5351.5 to 5366.5 kHz in the 60 metre band: this is a new worldwide allocation. Canadian Amateurs are allowed to run a maximum of 100 watts ERP, using emissions with a maximum bandwidth of 2.8 kHz."
Here's the link to the official doc -- https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10650.html
So... new TURF file for Canadian hams???? :-)
It’s been a long time coming, about 2 to 3 years since it was approved. We were just waiting on the new RBR-4 publication. And it’s finally out. Now we need our radios to allow us to use the 5MHz allocation :-)0
Engineering is aware of the new Turf requirement and they are evaluating it. We saw it when it was released.
472Khz is already available on the XVTR port at +10dbm. I doubt the power amp is capable of working on 472khz, however, if is, we will let you know.
Hi Mike... just checking in... any update?0
There is an extension Kit from Flex-Radio
Hi Didier... I've responded to this back in the original thread.0
Just 'pinging' this to bring it back up to the top of the list.
Mike -- any update on getting a new TURF file for Canadian Hams for the expanded 60m band????1
Me plus one :-)0
Adding my voice.
Leave a Comment
- 19.8K All Categories
- 177 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 367 The Flea Market
- 6.6K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 107 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 269 SmartSDR for Mac
- 210 SmartSDR for iOS
- 200 SmartSDR CAT
- 137 DAX
- 330 SmartSDR API
- 8.1K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 673 Maestro
- 35 FlexControl
- 803 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 550 Genius Products
- 312 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 200 Tuner Genius XL
- 38 Antenna Genius
- 160 Shack Infrastructure
- 105 Networking
- 277 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 108 Contesting
- 418 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 103 Amateur Radio Interests
- 696 Third-Party Software