Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX drivers are incompatible with Windows 11

Sergey R5AU
Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in DAX

I have surf with Win11 features and found DAX drivers are incompatible with Core Isolation feature of Win11.

Could somebody comment that ?

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Please open a support ticket. There is some Windows hardware that is problematic.

• JohnK2CIB
    JohnK2CIB Member ✭✭

In installing SmartSDR latest V3 on my new LG Gram Windows 11 laptop, I encountered the following error:

Does anyone know what security setting is preventing the driver install? Is it not digitally certified?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John, I don't think this is a certificate issue. I would submit a help desk ticket. Either Flex already knows about this and can help you right away, or this is a new thing and they will need input from you to research and solve it.

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭

Following with topic, HelpDesk answer is:

------------------------------------

The analysis of your HelpDesk support incident has concluded that the issue you reported is a possible software defect. I have transferred this issue to the Engineering/Software Development group and placed it in their bug tracker for further analysis.

This issue has been logged as defect number: 8210

------------------------------------

• If their response means that you are stuck with a prevention of the driver install, turn off hardware virtualization in BIOS if it is on. If it already off then there is a registry edit to disable core isolation (not the same as turning it off). Details will be found online.

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭

Hi Erik ! Thank you for response, my system working fine without trouble during installation, however i wonna use Core Isolation feature in Win. That was my initial question. At final this is recognised as DAX SW defect and need to be investigated.

• Hi Sergey, yes of course. But Flex are notoriously slow in fixing SW defects and , in my case anyway, when I encountered this problem I made my own fix for fear any Flex remedy would be post mortem like the CW timing issue for example which I will probably never see. I might even have "Waited for Flex in Vain" inscribed on my tombstone.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

We are aware of this issue. No timeline yet as at this point we do not even know if it is a Windows issue or a DAX issue. All we know are the symptoms, but not the root cause.

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021

To: Erik, EI4KF

Sure Erik, i am never waiting for anything, but indicate exsiting problem\issue for users who can get similar question. On my PC plenty of SW runnign inc. virtual mashines, Linux for WIn etc. No time to spend for waitng of non exisitng solutions. I like to be on air )! See you in LZ-contest

P.S. For users who not attend Virtualization SW on own PC - you can easily disable Virtualization feature in BIOS/UEFI. Virtualization feature just grant direct access to execute code by VM on you CPU directly or pick out complete device exisitng on PCI bus to you VM. Rule very easy : not used - disable. BTW even with disable Virtualization feature exisitng virtual machines will run as well )

To: Mike VA3MW

Mike absolutely , i think probably this is issue adressed at fist time however from the list of installed SW on my PC only drivers listed in beginning of this thread named like Incompatible )

P.S. in fthe irst post was listed also driver - csrbcx64.sys this is driver for bridging Plantronics Bluetooth hadsets

i have deleted appropriate SW (Plantronics hub) due not used anymore

• Mike-VA3MW

Sergey is correct.

For users who not attend Virtualization SW on own PC - you can easily disable Virtualization feature in BIOS/UEFI. Virtualization feature just grant direct access to execute code by VM on you CPU directly or pick out complete device exisitng on PCI bus to you VM. Rule very easy : not used - disable. BTW even with disable Virtualization feature exisitng virtual machines will run as well )

This tends to happen on devices such as a Surface and apparently you can't disable the Virtualization as you can't get into the BIOS.

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭
    Mike, I'm a bit confused..... I just got Windows 11 installed on my Windows 10 (Dell) desktop computer using "Virtual Box". While I know it's a risk free endeavor.... Should I have expectations that Smart SDR, DAX and CAT will (can, should or might?) operate on Windows 11? I'm willing to just try it and see what happens. But if I have problems, I'd be wondering if I should try to resolve them or I'd be better off spending my time on another project. Thanks.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Mark, I think it is safe to say that Windows 11 is now supported by Flex (see link below). As with any software, there is some chance that something won't work on your particular setup. From most of the comments on this forum, I think that chance is pretty small.

Link to announcement about Windows 11:

SmartSDR installations on Windows 11 — FlexRadio Community

If you have problems getting SmartSDR, DAX or CAT to work on Win 11, you are best off to submit a helpdesk ticket. Flex support will likely have seen your issue and can best direct you to a good solution.

• MarkS
    MarkS Member ✭✭
    Great - thanks.
  • VK3KJ
    VK3KJ Member
    I have the exact same issue where my Windows 10 new Dell XPS Laptop will not load the DAX Drivers. Tried everything that has been suggested on this forum and just will not work. I have lodged a ticket with the help desk and working through this at the moment. Crazy thing was upgraded to Windows 11 as I had a free upgrade and instant success. Everything was perfect for less than 12 hours until I turned the laptop off over night, turned it back on in the morning and back to the same issue.....will not load the Dax Drivers. I have done the manual uninstall and reinstall. Core Isolation is off and no security program is blocking it. Every other audio device is disabled. Hopefully there is an answer somewhere as I have a AUD $3500 laptop sitting on my desk purchased to run the 6600 and eager to get this sorted.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

If you have a computer not working with W11. Try looking up if your current bios needs to be upgraded. This was the case with my ASUS Z390 motherboard. After bios upgrade all went well, including running Virtualization. As with many things PC, not all standards are standard.

• AJ0CM
    AJ0CM Member
    I had problems getting DAX to load on a new build with Windows 11. Turning off memory integrity did the trick.

Jim
    AJ0CM
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭

It was time to upgrade my PC so I bought an Asus Z690-P motherboard and Intel i5-12600K CPU. Existing SSD and RAM used. Both the board and CPU are optimised to run with Windows 11 so it was a logical time to ditch Windows 10 and create a clean installation of Windows 11 Pro. It’s been >99% reliable, certainly no less so than with the earlier Windows 10 setup. I perform a clean installation every year or so; it’s a real pain reconfiguring everything again but everything now runs much smoother. In my experience Windows 11 works well with SmartSDR and the radio software used (Log4OM, JTDX, PstRotator etc).  No issues at all with DAX.

• matt.wr
    matt.wr Member, Unconfirmed
    This is still happening on 3.4.23. I will stay off Windows for the time being since the work around is not great. Any idea when it might get fixed?
  • W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023

Still happening with 3.4.23. My setup works EXCEPT for DAX as I continue to have the DAX driver error message. ASlo, I do NOT see any "reserved" DAX drivers below.

Note that this new Windows 11 NUC does not have "core isolation" or a TPM 2.0 module.

It was bought new and had Windows 11 on it. Must have been side-loaded by the OEM as it's a 4th generation Intel processor and per Microsoft, you need at leat an 8th generation processor to officially support Windows 11.

I am REALLY trying hard to figure out what to do for this DAX proble. I have uninstaled, rebooted and reinstalled several times ... with the same DAX problem. I opened a trouble ticket woith Flex but although they mention that they responded, I have not seen their E-mail nor was it "spam trapped". I tried again and will track every day :-)

• Mike-VA3MW
    edited June 2023

It looks like they responded on May 30th and June 6th to your Gmail address.

You may want to reply to them on the first email to get the case moving again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.