Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR installations on Windows 11

Options
2»

Comments

• Francesco Doenz
    Options

Same problem here, after clicking on install it just quits!

• Jack6600
    Jack6600 Member ✭✭
    Options

After a third try 3.5.9 installed.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

I just installed SSDR on mu NUC PC. Is seems that waterfall works for a moment then quits. Run it in compatibility mode does not help.

Any possible solution to this problem?

Tom

• Wayne Starnes
    Options
    See support ticket 62449. I have a Best Buy off-the-shelf purchased ASUS TUF Gaming laptop. DAX drivers will not install because Core Isolation security feature in Windows 11 prevents it - as designed. If it is disabled to install SmartSDR, it will not re-enable because the drivers are not Microsoft supported. Flex suggests "The current DAX driver is not malicious software ", and "You will need to leave Memory Integrity OFF while using DAX". I find this a totally unacceptable solution. It would also mean I must turn off Core Isolation, reboot, then install SmartSDR every time I want to turn on my Flex radio. Again, I find this totally unacceptable.
    When will Flex support Windows 11?
  • eltejada
    eltejada Member
    Options
    Hello community !
    I am a new owner of a flex 6400. Just received a few days ago but have not installed smartSDR yet. I am little concerned with the multiple issues commented here regarding installing the latest version on windows 11. My shack´s PC runs on windows 11. What version of smartSDR should I go with so that installation and operation is smooth?
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@eltejada - I would advise that, in addition to the comments received here, that you also open a ticket with the excellent flex support folks and formally ask them the same question. They may have specific steps that will make your Windows 11 experience as smooth as possible.

Please tell us how it all works for you.

Welcome to the platform. I’m sure you will succeed!

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

At my workplace, I use SmartSDR. I'm about to get a new Win11 PC (yay - Christmas!) and our IT foilks expressly disallow turning-off of these sort of security features (core isolation, memory integrity, address-space layout randomization, etc).

So I will be crossing my fingers that Flex is able to release a new, compatible version of SmartSDR that I can use...

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited January 18
    Options

Core isolation fixed for windows 11 yes or no?

• Randy KN4YBA
    Randy KN4YBA Member ✭✭
    Options

My new laptop with Windows 11 pro has huge issues with Flex drivers. I have done everything from turning off Core Isolation and compatabily mode and all cases even when the SmartSDR installed I have no audio or control of power or any functions. This is very dissapointing since my ICOM 9700 remote software loaded with no issues. I did submit a ticket but that was Friday and they don't respond on weekends. I hope they get this fixed before I leave for 2 months in 7 days.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.