Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.2.39 and the SmartSDR v3.2.39 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.7.6 and the SmartSDR v2.7.6 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes | Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.6.21
Power Genius XL Utility v3.6.21 | Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.1
node-red-contrib-flexradio v0.8.0 for controlling flexradio from NodeRed
v0.8.0 of node-red-contrib-flexradio nodes are now available via Manage Palette and NPM. (The NodeRed manage palette may be delayed as it takes a bit for systems to refresh updates.) These nodes allow you to control and monitor your flexradio from NodeRed (http://nodered.org).
Updates in this version include:
* Numbers in delivered messages are now actually numbers and not numbers wrapped in strings. This is from an overhaul (again) of the command stream parser code. Handles for clients, streams, and such are kept as hex strings and not converted to numbers, example: 0x40000001. Where a handle is not prefixed by '0x' in the flex radio responses, one is added to maintain consistency.
* Found a few more edge cases in the command stream parsing, `meter 24 removed` which were causing errors and in some cases complete crashes of the system.
* Reorder items in node configuration so that the `Name` field is last. This maintains consistency with the built-in NodeRed nodes. This is only a user interface change.
* Clean up the event handlers among the nodes to more gracefully work with re-deploys and not consume extra memory and resources. Refactor many of the listeners in the top-level exposed nodes to be more consistent.
* Change the default radio hostname from `localhost` to `flexradio` as the radio hostname will surely never, ever, be `localhost`. It was misleading.
* Update the `vita49-decode` node which enables access to the VITA-49 datagram parser without creating a UDP listner (e.g. the `flexradio-discover` or `flexradio-meter` nodes). This is an advanced feature which may be removed in a future version.
* Add `flexradio-decode` node to enable access to the parser without a connection to the radio. Could be used if you want to manage the TCP connection yourself. An advanced feature which may be removed in a future version.
* Rewrite the vita49 parser to use `binary-parser` npm module. This adds a dependency, but it's a small one and will make the parser more flexible in the future.
* Begin to add support for more complex data streams (panadapter, waterfall, etc.) in the VITA-49 parsing. Mostly very low level in the parser. Prototype `flexradio-stream` node.
* Write and rewrite test scripts and workloads for both command stream (TCP) and data stream (UDP) parsers to exercise them and their use.
Leave a Comment
- 17.2K All Categories
- 100 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 217 The Flea Market
- 5.8K Software
- 5.1K SmartSDR for Windows
- 75 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 154 SmartSDR for Mac
- 166 SmartSDR for iOS
- 167 SmartSDR CAT
- 88 DAX
- 298 SmartSDR API
- 7.5K Radios and Accessories
- 6.1K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 598 Maestro
- 20 FlexControl
- 756 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 278 Genius Products
- 193 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 79 Tuner Genius XL
- 6 Antenna Genius
- 71 Shack Infrastructure
- 36 Networking
- 142 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 67 Contesting
- 208 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 73 Amateur Radio Interests
- 497 Third-Party Software