Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Band buttons don't work

Options
Hello, I received my new 6600 in the mail today, set everything up and got connected. After playing around for a little bit, I noticed that some of the band buttons do not work. When I click 80, nothing happens. When I click 40, it takes me to the 80m band with a slice on 3.750, even if I delete of move the slide, clicking 40 brings me right back there. uhhh whats up with this?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Wow, not sure what is happening there. You might want to try this: Use the band control to go to 40. Now click on the frequency shown on the "flag" and type in an 40 M freq. Now click to another band and then back to 40. Did the radio return to the 40 M freq you just set? If so, then that might be the way to get each band to pop up correctly.

If that does not work, I would suggest submitting a help desk ticket. Someone from Flex should be able to diagnose your issue.

• bman87
    bman87 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Your suggestion did not work, but I did the factory reset procedure and it seems to have fixed the issue. Very weird! I want to love the flex radio but this was a sour start to my experience. Hopefully it doesn't happen again
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

OK great, I'm glad that was all it was.

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not really enough information. Are you using SmartSDR, SmartiOS, Maestro or is it a 6600M? I have a 6600 and have never seen any problem switching bands when pushing the band buttons on each of those control modes mentioned.

Bill, NE1B

• bman87
    bman87 Member
    Options
    SmartSDR for Windows. 6600 (Non-M) So far its been okay
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the factory (white power button) cues much weirdness. Don’t know what happens, but I have had the same situation.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@bman87

Glad you got it sorted out.

As others have mentioned it is good to tell the entire story and screen shots are really really helpful.

We also have a LOT of instructional videos on YouTube that are targeting for the new user.

• bman87
    bman87 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was about to record a video for this issue before I did the factory reset, so far its been working great. :)
  • bman87
    bman87 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Okay! I was able to reproduce my issue. If I zoom all the way out on the panadapter so I can see the most bandwidth and scroll up and down the bands, it seems to make the last band button I pushed not work. I recorded a video of this issue this time. https://youtu.be/yYAX7m-cd10

I was able to fix it this time by restarting SmartSDR, but the first time I had to reset the radio.. weird
  • Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have found this also. If you scroll way out on a band and then switch to a different band it will **** up the band switch.

Bill AB7AA

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This deserves a help desk ticket so flex can research and track it. Probably won’t get fixed, but at least they’ll know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.