Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tutorial : Setting up Ham Radio Deluxe with SmartSDR

Options
2»

Comments

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    After reading through most of this I have decided never to try HR Deluxe. I'll continue with Log4OM. Easy install and great manuals and help.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What is hard about setting up HRD? If you only want to use the logbook which is comparable to using Log4OM you create a CAT port for slice A, set HRD to Flex SmartSDR and choose the CAT port you created and check the box to automatically start Logbook. Same steps as Log4OM.

Now if you want to add DM780 integration then it is easier than adding WSJT-X.

Please contact me direct if you have questions. A lot of what was posted was to do more than a simple logbook to follow a slice.

Dave wo2x

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the info David, there is no way that I would spend $100.00 for HRD.
    I have been using Log4OM since March of 2014 and have always donated to Daniele Pistllato's **** fund as he calls it. I donate to many programs and other sites that take donations well over the $100 that HRD demands.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    That is fine that you use Log4OM and donate to Danielle. My point is setting up HRD Logbook is no more difficult than setting up Log4OM v2.7. It is a very good free logbook. DX Labs also is a very good free alternative to HRD. That is why there is vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream. Not one flavor makes everyone happy. log4OM v1 with the TCP connector was a PITA to set up. Prior to Log4OM 2.7 clicking on a cluster spot while using Hamlib interface would change RX filters to undesired filters. It is good that their development team is improving with each release. i personally like the DXCC awards tracking in HRD vs Log4OM. Again personal choice. I like the worked status indicator display in the cluster window also. i do have Log4OM 2.7 installed and test each release that comes out. Dave wo2x
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

I use HRD logbook and love it.. been using it with SliceMaster for years but now the logbook can not connect to the radio so I no longer can auto fill log entries with Freq. and Mode... Localhost 7809 is the same as always, SliceMaster still has all the HRD listening boxes checked... done all the reboots but still get the error message about starting the IP Server which I have done.. any ideas???

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I use HRD logbook all the time.

I use a hardware connection for the Active TX Slice tracking via MiniDeluxe.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.