Will I be able to run my 6700 on a Maestro AND my PC at the same time?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Well, the title says it all.

When my Maestro arrives will I have to terminate SSDR on my PC while using my Maestro as the front end for my 6700, or will Maestro and my PC will be able to "play well together"?

[Hopefully, no one will offer the "this product is still in development and its final specifications have not been fully decided upon" card.]

Roy,  AC2GS
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 439 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Steve - N5AC

Steve - N5AC, Employee

• 1019 Posts
  • 983 Reply Likes
Official Response
Initially you will have to decide if you want to run SmartSDR or Maestro for the control surface on the radio.  Over time, more functionality will be added.  Several options are being considered such as:

- Maestro controls SmartSDR and the display on Maestro shows "facts and figures" kind of data like which slices you are controlling, the frequency, etc. but not a panadapter and panafall display on the Maestro
- Maestro and SmartSDR show same data and work side-by-side
- Maestro and SmartSDR are "autonomous" devices that each control their own virtual radio.  With this you could have two people operating what appears to be two radios at the same time.  Of course, there is only one transmitter to be shared between the two positions
- Multiple Maestros connect to a single radio, each controlling their own "virtual radio" -- for contesters think of this as M/2 with two Maestros and a single radio

No decisions have been made about which of these we will do or when yet, but this gives you some insight into what we're thinking.