Speakers for 6400

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Whats a good quality speaker or speakers for 6400?
Photo of Don

Don

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of W1MSG

W1MSG

• 40 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I have a set of $99 Bose powered speakers. They work Great
Photo of W9HH - Steve

W9HH - Steve

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have a pair of Bose Companion II Speakers. They sound great with the Flex and have 2 sets of input jacks so you can consolidate radio and computer audio in one set of speakers. They're perfect for me
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ, Elmer

• 73 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I have 3 sets of the Bose Companion II speakers,  and works great .    I do think that they have changed slightly ,  but still in the $99 range.  

Dudley
Photo of K3WR - Jim

K3WR - Jim

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am also using the Bose Companion Ii speakers. They sound great.
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 846 Posts
  • 166 Reply Likes
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 70 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Right.
Photo of Ken ve7kwa

Ken ve7kwa

• 101 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Buy two... they're on sale.
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 235 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Ha, ha!
Photo of Ken ve7kwa

Ken ve7kwa

• 101 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
So... my Companion 2 speakers finally just calved and Yes, they worked quite well on my Flex, but I found them lacking with music.  So... wanting just one set on the desk, I'm looking for something else now. Anyone ever try or know anything about the Edifier R1280DB speakers ? They seem feature rich for the price.
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 392 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
I have 4 sets of bose companion speakers, lost a power supply (wallwart) on one them and just used anotherr 12vdc supply, that may be your problem. I run remotely from my living room 99% of the time and use a focusrite scarlett 2i2 usb sound card/mic preamp for my xlr mic input and my krk rokit monitor speakers, this works very well.
Photo of KB4OIF

KB4OIF

• 224 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Bose companion II speakers here too.  A bit pricey but they sound great on the flex.

Photo of Phill Beistel

Phill Beistel

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I use the Bose Computer MusicMonitor speakers. They work great.
Phill B.
Photo of Richard Albright

Richard Albright

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unlike the majority here, I did not like the Bose Companion Speakers. Didn't care about music quality, they were just for the Flex. The sound did not do it for me. Additionally for $99, no base or treble control..No pilot light to tell you that they were on..Small knob for on and off,  &  volume control..Big hands can be a problem. I purchased the Creative T-20 Speakers. Much better pricing and sound. Also has bass and treble control with pilot light, and external input for computer or other component if necessary. Knobs are also small on the T-20's...Guess you can't have everything.
Photo of Richard Albright

Richard Albright

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unlike the majority here, I did not like the Bose Companion Speakers. Didn't care about music quality, they were just for the Flex. The sound did not do it for me. Additionally for $99, no base or treble control..No pilot light to tell you that they were on..Small knob for on and off,  &  volume control..Big hands can be a problem. I purchased the Creative T-20 Speakers. Much better pricing and sound. Also has bass and treble control with pilot light, and external input for computer or other component if necessary. Knobs are also small on the T-20's...Guess you can't have everything.
Photo of WA5GP

WA5GP

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I use a set of $5.97 computer speakers that work great. From Wally World.  I use a remote head set all the time; the speakers are mainly to remind me that it is on.