Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Speakers for 6400

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
Whats a good quality speaker or speakers for 6400?

Answers

• W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have a set of $99 Bose powered speakers. They work Great
  • W9HH - Steve
    W9HH - Steve Member
    edited October 2018
    I have a pair of Bose Companion II Speakers. They sound great with the Flex and have 2 sets of input jacks so you can consolidate radio and computer audio in one set of speakers. They're perfect for me
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have 3 sets of the Bose Companion II speakers,  and works great .    I do think that they have changed slightly ,  but still in the $99 range.  

Dudley
  • K3WR - Jim
    K3WR - Jim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am also using the Bose Companion Ii speakers. They sound great.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Right.

•   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Buy two... they're on sale.
  •   VE6KWA
    VE6KWA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    So... my Companion 2 speakers finally just calved and Yes, they worked quite well on my Flex, but I found them lacking with music.  So... wanting just one set on the desk, I'm looking for something else now. Anyone ever try or know anything about the Edifier R1280DB speakers ? They seem feature rich for the price.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Bose companion II speakers here too.  A bit pricey but they sound great on the flex.

• Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited October 2019
    I use the Bose Computer MusicMonitor speakers. They work great.
    Phill B.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have 4 sets of bose companion speakers, lost a power supply (wallwart) on one them and just used anotherr 12vdc supply, that may be your problem. I run remotely from my living room 99% of the time and use a focusrite scarlett 2i2 usb sound card/mic preamp for my xlr mic input and my krk rokit monitor speakers, this works very well.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ha, ha!
  • Richard Albright
    Richard Albright Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Unlike the majority here, I did not like the Bose Companion Speakers. Didn't care about music quality, they were just for the Flex. The sound did not do it for me. Additionally for $99, no base or treble control..No pilot light to tell you that they were on..Small knob for on and off,  &  volume control..Big hands can be a problem. I purchased the Creative T-20 Speakers. Much better pricing and sound. Also has bass and treble control with pilot light, and external input for computer or other component if necessary. Knobs are also small on the T-20's...Guess you can't have everything.
  • Richard Albright
    Richard Albright Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Unlike the majority here, I did not like the Bose Companion Speakers. Didn't care about music quality, they were just for the Flex. The sound did not do it for me. Additionally for $99, no base or treble control..No pilot light to tell you that they were on..Small knob for on and off,  &  volume control..Big hands can be a problem. I purchased the Creative T-20 Speakers. Much better pricing and sound. Also has bass and treble control with pilot light, and external input for computer or other component if necessary. Knobs are also small on the T-20's...Guess you can't have everything.
  • WA5GP
    WA5GP Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I use a set of $5.97 computer speakers that work great. From Wally World.  I use a remote head set all the time; the speakers are mainly to remind me that it is on.
  • BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    If I connected 2 simple 8ohm speakers to phone jack and seems they works, although not very loud but enough for me.      But the hardware manual say the jack is for powered speaker.    Can I connect un-powered speakers?

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    In my business, Bose stands for "Bring Other Sound Equipment"...
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Creative T-20 Speakers get my vote,cracking set for the money.
  • Pat ON3CQ
    Pat ON3CQ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Bose Companion II

• N1DZ
    N1DZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have been using M-Audio speakers
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AV32--m-audio-av32-3-inch-powered-studio-monitors
    They work really well with a nice flat frequency response.
  • Dan KB6NU
    Dan KB6NU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Based on Richard's suggestion, I also purchased the Creative T-20 speakers. They work great, and I saved 30 bucks over the Bose. I was a little skeptical that they'd work, as I had tried a couple of amplified speakers that I already had, and had pretty bad RFI problems with both of them. But, these speakers are definitely a quality product, and I don't hear any RFI when operating CW. 

Fortunately, I have small hands and fingers, so the small knobs aren't a problem for me. :)
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Audioengine A2+
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Many won't agree but I bought a set at Wal-Mart for $12.95 and they plug straight into 110volt no wall wart.They work great, plenty of volume out, have a volume control but don't say Bose on them and cost $100.00
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I use the BOSE Companion II series 3  work great and sound even better

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I have been using the West Mountain Radio COM Speaker system with great success.

Tom W3FRG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.