Best Equalization for PR40 & FlexRadio 6600 ??

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I know its not easy, and each one has its own......
this is what I'm trying

PR40 v1.0   1,-3,-7,-2,2,8,10,10
Mic gain 80
Adjust Vox Delay Settings DX

Got a good report from a friend....however he said was not as good as I usually used to do with my 6300

Any Advice?

Equalization? New Mic?

Best Regards

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 383 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of FISHULA X

FISHULA X

• 8 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
 George, W8NVC in Parma, Ohio. use your monitor with headphones and get it to where you like it. Then go to www.websdr.org. find the remote in Pa,  set the screen for ssb and make sure you set the rx width for what your transmitting at. Listen and you can record on this site. do a recording,  then download it and listen again with headphones, keep that up until you get it just right. Now keep this in mind, The Pr-40 has a lot of bottom end and I like that but that's me, get it to where you like it and leave it. Do some comparisons and you will find your sweet spot and your done. This is better than listening to one guy say it sounds good and the others saying something else. A lot of times it's the band, Just make sure your ALC don't exceed 1 db. most us 0 db but with the pr 40 I would stay at 0 to 1 db. good luck.. 73 from Nick W8NVC Parma Hts Ohio. 
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 382 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Thank you!!!
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 334 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
I would have thought your old EQ setting would be the same for the 6300 and the 6600.  Comparison of mikes especially between days can be misleading.  I have used the same mike, same radio, same settings from day to day and reports of quality are different even from the same individual.  
Photo of Dan -- KC4GO

Dan -- KC4GO

• 339 Posts
  • 68 Reply Likes
When setting up new microphone on Flex 6000 series I recommend Ken Wells NM9P you tube video 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LytzQGpE5ZM

I set my TX audio up with it couple years back and have not touched it.  
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2771 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I makes little sense listening to your audio from another station hundreds of mile away. Simply record your audio and listen,,or as Dan said above use Kens method. See his Utube video.