Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there a way of having XVTA or XVTB track the band instead of the slice? FLEX-6600

Options

Right now, it seems to me that XVTx only stays persistent on the slice that it is assigned, not the band.

IE when operating satellites, switching from a v/u to a u/v satellite does not change the XVTx to track the band. (or v/v to u/u )

Slice A is set to Vhf with XVTA and Slice B is set to Uhf with XVTB. In SatPC32 if you switch satellites from a V/U to a U/V satellite, Slice A being Vhf and Slice B being Uhf to Slice A being Uhf and Slice B being Vhf, The XVTA and B do not swap.

Do I have something setup wrong?

Rig Flex-6600, XVTA is VHF (Q5 VHF Transverter single IF/RF), XVTB is UHF (Q5 UHF Transverter single IF/RF)

SatPc v12.10 slice A is radio 1, slice B is radio 2.

Without using any 3rd party program, In single slice mode switching bands VIA pressing "Band", "XVTR", then VHF 2M or UHF 440 (< my naming instance) the XVTA and B track the band. But in 2 slice mode they do not. So you don’t need SatPC32 to experience this.

Hope this makes sense.

George N1NAZ

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi George

The best way to do this is to use Global Profiles.

Setup a Mode B configuration (VHF down and UHF up). Save that as a Mode B Global Profile.

Now, do the same thing for Mode J and reverse the bands. Save that as a Mode J Global Profile.

When you change birds with different modes, recall the global profile first.

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Options

HI Mike

Thanks I will try that.

George

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.