Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGLX and PGXL Utilities randomly disconnecting.

Options
2»

Answers

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

Dewey,

I was using a Cisco RV325 router and the disconnects occurred. I then changed to a ISP supplied router since the RV325 reached end-of-life and the disconnects continue. I think you have eliminated cables as the issue. I was thinking of changing my CAT6a out to CAT8 but will now rethink that and save a few dollars as it appears the cable is not related. I am seeing the same thing about rarely disconnecting in transmit mode, but luckily it appears only the app is disconnecting. I do a lot of remote and have a camera on the PGXL and TGXL. When these disconnects occur, I am not seeing any anomalies on the equipment panels or on the reporting in FRStack. These disconnect happen when I remote directly into the PGXL/TGXL apps, or accessing them locally via TeamViewer.

Randy, KH6XX

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21
    Options

Have you investigated the IP addresses being taken by various devices in your LAN network ? Maybe another device in the past had the same IP the TGXL grabbed and periodically that device is powered on, both devices are fighting for the same IP. I could have been a visitor using wifi on your LAN. If you haven't done it, it's worth checking into. Advanced IP Scanner is free. A couple PGXL versions ago, would not let me set a static IP for the TGXL, it would erase everything and want DHCP enabled so since then I haven't tried to give it a static IP. The 6700, PGXL and AG have fixed IPs and in the router I have bound the IP with the MAC.

Recently my DLI switch controlled by a node-red flow would periodically disconnect and/or take several seconds to engage, then just stopped. I found the IP was .100 which happens to be the same as a whole home wifi mesh extender I had recently added so go figure.

Here's another one, what about a DOS attack or some hacker regularly trying to hack into your network. Bigfoot maybe.

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

Did that already …. not an IP conflict.

Randy, KH6XX

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Everybody,

Reading through this it actually sounds like there are several issues, likely each with different causes.

Personally I pretty much never see a PGXL disconnect. I get TGXL disconnects fairly often and mine also are never due to RFI. I run an Ethernet sniffer which never shows dropped packets. And I have a version of the problem where the TGXL just stops showing up in the launch window at all when I start things up in the morning. I have to restart it to get it to show up. New CAT6 cables, new high end TP-Link managed switch. No odd ball stuff on the LAN. It seems pretty obvious the TGXL issues described here are a f/w problem. I hope 4O3A checks it out.

73 Russ KR6W (6700, PGXL, TGXL, AG - all latest f/w)

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I actually will update my statement - besides PGXL "Reconnecting…" messages, I also do TGXL issue - but it seems like much shorter, it is just a blinking to a dark gray screen for some milliseconds and come back to a normal screen. I think I did not pay attention to TGXL as it is very short compared to PGXL.

I assume TGXL has similar issue but since it is very short I am not able to see "Reconnect…" message.

Sergey

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.