Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What are people using for recording & playing audio messages?

Options
What are people using for recording & playing audio messages? For example, calling CQ during a contest. Also, recording QSOs.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I use N1MM for contesting with the built in voice keyer. It is pretty seamless.

If I really need to record a QSO, I use Voicemeeter.

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Options

N1MM for contesting with the built in voice keyer and for other recordings and playback Audicity.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Windows Game Bar (Windowkey + G) works well for me, recording both the audio and the screen (panadaptor). The output can also be edited later using the app to select just the bits you want.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I didn't even know that existed! Nice one.

• kpaine
    kpaine Member
    Options
    I am running N1MM and have always had great luck with my headset plugged directly into the radio and DAX turned on. Now I want to use a USB headset in my computer which requires DAX to be turned off. Now I cannot get the voice keyer to work with DAX off. What is the workaround for this situation?

Thanks WB5SKM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.