Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit Profiles Disappearing

Options

Been awhile since I checked.

Is there a fix yet for the Smart SDR transmit profiles disappearing?

Running v3.5.9

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi David

This is not a known problem, which is good since it sounds like it is unique to you and likely simply solvable.

If you have not reset the radio after saving your profiles first, give that a try.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi David.. when you say the profiles are 'disappearing', could you please describe the symptoms? Are you saving profiles and then they don't show up when you try to retrieve them?

Is this in SmartSDR or on an M model screen interface?

What is the sequence of keystrokes to recreate the problem?

All this will help us determine if others have the problem and./or suggest a sulution...

• David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

My understanding that it was a known issue.

This only impact the transmit profiles. I am running Smart SDR v3.5.9, (6400 and no M model) but this has occurred since I purchased the radio.

Created transmit profiles do not always save after powering down the radio. The only work around is to export the transmit profile and re-import it, but that does not always work.

Factory default profiles are fine. It's the unique ones that are created in the profile manager.

Had opened a ticket awhile back in which the SD card was replaced and a reset done.

Behavior is that it is not saving or it's no being read on boot.

Thanks

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue has been around for a while without any resolution...see

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/8027963/lost-tx-profiles#latest

• David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    Options

I thought it was. Thanks for the verification. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future release.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi all

I don't think we are tracking this as a unique bug since only a few customers seem to have the issue. Not all customers.

This is the reason why you need to follow support if you are experiencing this issue. It may be resolved by some simple steps.

I would highly recommend that you reset the radio database and see if it resolves your issue. If that resolves it, then your issue is solved.

I hope that makes sense and I want to not set the wrong expectation.

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been dealing with this issue for about 1 year plus. Yes a help ticket was opened and Tim tried to assist me. He logged into my system and and worked for some time. I tried renaming my profiles, etc. no luck. To date It did not resolve the issue and as far as I know the ticket is still open.

When I make a change to my Transmit Profiles I need to save move than 5 plus times before it takes...

• David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    Options

Armchair engineering, I think it's something in the code. Either it's not saving properly or not reading properly.

• Michael Reid
    Michael Reid Member ✭✭
    Options

Add my name, K6DRY...solution is FR Stack...Mike

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list.

Rick N0VT

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If you are having this issue, you need to submit a help desk ticket.

• David_NK5G
    David_NK5G Member ✭✭
    Options

Yea Len, I opened a ticket some time ago. They sent me a SD card to swap and to reset, but did not remedy the problem. SO, was checking to see if anyone knew the status on the issue.

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem on mine too G0ctp David it was working now its gone into hiding mode - just wont open ??? reinstalled software / reset flex6600 /tried it all still no joy mic settings not saving

• TOM_M7MCQ
    TOM_M7MCQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I have same or similar problem. Glad I found this thread.

Trouble at my end is that I have saved the following TX profiles...

1.QRP-1W

2.QRP-5W

3.QRP-10W

4.QRO-25W

5.QRO-50W

They work for a while, but then changing profile has NO EFFECT on the TX level. It just stays as it was last set.

Very annoying.

73, Tom.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.