Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Porting the FlexVSP COM driver to Win 11 ARM

Options
snacey0103
snacey0103 Member ✭✭

@Mike va3mw

Any chance that Flexradio is working on a Win 11 ARM compatible driver that would work on MacOS Parallels anytime soon? I really need this to allow use of Win 11 CAT and DAX to enable me to run the huge variety of x86-based Ham applications on my M1 Mac. I am meeting more and more HAMs that want an answer to this issue - and to enable them to get away from Intel/Win10-11.

It seems that an Win 11 ARM-compatible FlexVSP COM driver is what is needed. SmartSDR x86 itself comes right up and runs fine on an M1 Mac, Parallels v19.2.1, Win 11 ARM VM.

BTW - I love hearing you chat on Ham Radio Workbench every couple weeks. Keep it up. I may also give you a call on the FlexRadio customer line!

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• JasonSt
    JasonSt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for asking this. I have this same question.

Thanks,

Jason KD9ZHF
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@snacey0103

At this time, not at all due to other priorities in both the commercial and amateur world. About the only thing that would push it would be something on the commercial/government side that would fund the development.

And, thanks for the kind words. We have a lot of fun!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.