Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro C

Options
Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Maestro Cs now expected to ship in mid-February. Still waiting by the front door for mine.

Comments

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Neil,

Where did you hear that ? The last thing I saw from Flex said it had slipped from 1/15 to the end of the month.

Russ KR6W

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

Russ,

Found new date on main Flex website.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I see it now - thanks. The 1/15 date I mentioned was in a notification to the "FlexRadio Maestro Group" on 1/12. They've been doing a good job of notifying us when the date changes so my guess is they just haven't gotten the updated notice out yet.

I for one hope they do whatever they need to do to get it right before shipping. I'd hate to feel like I **** up by not waiting until a later build to get "a good one".

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

Russ,

I hear you, but I’ve been waiting one year plus. I want mine now.

• KEITH.N3SVB
    KEITH.N3SVB Member
    Options
    I have been waiting 3years and 3months
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was only 3 days old when I ordered mine🤣.... 75 years ago......

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

I ordered mine directly from Moses.

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In Germany we now have 03.15. as first availability date.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The EU is a bit of a different challenge with all the testing that has to happen. Much more strict that the US.

You would not believe the cost to do testing for emissions on electronic devices.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

Got an email from Flex re Maestro: they greatly appreciate my patience and understanding.

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yup... me too... nothing like a little AI to calm one down. I , for one, appreciate the Monthly emails telling me how patient and understanding I am 😁

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

AI? I wrote that.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello to the group, trying to prepare for the Maestro C when they finely ship I want to be prepared.

I have three Questions about the Maestro C.

Does the Maestro C come with a Hand MIC?

Has there been ANY information released yet for the MIC jack configuration?

Is it the same as the Flex 6400M?

Bret

WX7Y

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options
    1. No.
    2. 1/8 inch TRS.
    3. Same as the pseudo-balanced mic connector on the 6600M, so I am guessing that applies to the 6400M.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The TRS connector on the Flex 6600M is a balanced connector.

James

WD5GWY

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

Per Sec 7.4.18 of the 6400M/6600M user guide, the MIC connector accepts a 1/8 inch TRS plug and is a pseudo-balanced microphone input. Per Sec 7.3.4, the balanced input connector on the 6600M is a 1/4 inch TRS. Since the Maestro C has a 1/8 inch connector, it is the same as the radio’s pseudo-balanced connector.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    Options

If only it was that easy.

Well I found out by closely reading the Specs that the MIC Jack is NOT a 1/8" TRS like the 6400M or 6600M but a 1/8" TRRS Headset Phone wiring. It is a Balanced MIC connection and looking on the WEB there are Two different MIC wiring for the TRRS connector headsets. Tip is RX Left audio, Ring 1 is RX Right audio.

Now my question, is (Ring 2) the Ground or MIC-- and MIC+ is the (Sleeve) OR (Ring 2) the MIC + and (Sleeve) Ground or MIC --???

Kind of Strange having the MIC + on the sleeve but that is what I have found so far.

It would sure be nice if FLEX would chime in here so I can make sure this is correct.

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Radiosport RS55SL headset works with the Flex and its wired with the proper TRRS plug..

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    Options

Thanks Larry I forgot that I have a RS55SL that works on my IPAD so that tells me which wiring scheme on the TRRS to use for my RJ-45 Adapter from my old Maestro A MH31 Hand MIC and Heil Mini Mobile MIC so If and when the MAESTRO C's ever ship I should be ready to go and cross my fingers I have it wired correctly.

Now I'm wondering if there are Front Panel Speakers, the lack of Full Specs and a Manual yet is a bit strange at this point of the game.

All the Manuals and Brochures are for the Maestro A and B but NOTHING for the C other then the paragraph or two

Thanks again

Bret/WX7Y

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

The Mic connector is a 1/8" TRRS CTIA wiring.

This shows the difference. The good news is that CTIA is the most common today.

The PTT is a 1/8" TS (mono). You can use a 1/8" TRS, but you don't need to wire anything to the R.

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

There was a good discussion about both Maestro progress and CTIA vis OMTP on the last Ham Radio Workbench (thanks, Mike!). The most important thing I learned is that CTIA is what virtually every videoconferencing headset uses these days - very common. (See what I did there?)

The location of the mic contact vs ground has to do with where the contacts usually are for 3-conductor stereo plugs, so CTIA has better compatibility with audio-only jacks - or that is my understanding.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

thanks Mike for confirming what I found

Hope we get to see the Maestro's soon

Bret

WX7Y

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

22 February!!! Another 11 days???

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, but in all fairness I don't think Flex ever actually said 2/15 right ? Didn't they say "middle of February" ? And isn't 2/22 still pretty nearly "middle of February" ? But I get your point. It's been a very long wait. I've got a "B" model (upgrading to a "C") and it IS pretty great. Painful as it's been I'll bet you'll think it was worth it once you finally get it. I hope so anyway ...

73 Russ KR6W

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

Where did that info come from? Are some folks getting notices? That would be great news ...

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Any idea how far down a wait list us latecomers are , those placing orders early Feb ? When they say they expect to ship Feb 22nd , is that 2 units, 20, 50 ?

Andy K3UK

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Options

I have waited 1.5 years. So should everyone else.

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    Options

Was told at Orlando Hamcation that pending any unexpected issues, they hope to have the entire backlog delivered by mid-April

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi frc2302,

Flex sent an advertisement email out this morning for "Hamcation Specials". They sort of sunk the news in by starting with this:

The Orlando Hamcation specials continue through Tuesday, February 13th.  

For those eagerly anticipating the arrival of our new Maestro C, complete with its Optional 10-hour battery operation, we're thrilled to share that we're on track to begin dispatching orders around February 22nd to customers who've pre-ordered.

Rest assured, if you're among those awaiting this exciting addition, we'll be in touch directly to ensure everything is set for your order before it ships out.  Please wait for us to contact you.

You can learn more at our Maestro C FAQ. 

73 Russ KR6W

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

Whoops, that's what I get for ignoring spam. 😀 Thanks for the nudge.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.