Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro C

Options
2»

Comments

• N4BAA
    N4BAA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Disappointed to find out today mine won't ship until possibly May 2024 (plus or minus) based on 4 years of back log. I ordered mine in Q4 of 2023... This is crazy. Wish I had known better before I ordered.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@N4BAA

There is no risk in placing your order, as you did. If you would like to cancel it, please let us know.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mike

Please post a photo or screenshot of the display from the HDMI out of a MaestroC.

Alan. WA9WUD

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey, look at the bright side: having a product in the pipeline for which a lot of people are willing to wait as much as 4 years is a good problem to have. Prolly means you've got something uniquely special.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Alan I would if I had a TV or similar monitor handy. :)

We had it running all weekend at Hamcation. It is the exact same resolution and content as the display. It is just mirrored.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

I have updated the Maestro C FAQ

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for that update, especially the detail about accessories.

I had previously not been interested in the battery, but I was ultimately persuaded by the 10 hour battery life - even if that's optimistic, it's enough to save me from having to dig under my desk for the power brick when I just want to take it to another room or outdoors for awhile. 😀 That's much better stamina than my laptop battery has when playing SmartSDR video.

BTW, I don't think I ever saw an answer to someone's query about VESA mounting. In your Hamcation video clip, it sure looked like those suspiciously-VESA-spaced holes had threaded lugs in them ....

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    edited February 20
    Options

Also appreciate the explanation of the odd (to me) 24v power supply. I personally would have preferred a longer charging time as the cost of using 12v power - if I need a fast swap, I could always add a second battery and charger - but at least it's nice to know why the tradeoff was made.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Yes, it is a VESA mount.

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yay! That is a huge win for small spaces. Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.