Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

can multiflex run as a true m/2 on a flex 6600?

Options
ne9u
ne9u Member
First time i've tred it tonight and best i can do is get it to behave like an so2r with lockouts. Is there a way for two transmitted signals to occur on 2 different bands at same time? Like in a m/2?

Best Answer

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, you only have one TX path and 2 RX, so TXing 2times at the same time is not possible.

Answers

• ne9u
    ne9u Member
    Options
    tnx. I realized this after asking the question. I guess the advertising for multiflex is misleading...."With multiFLEX you can slash the cost and complexity of your multi-1, multi-2 or multi-multi contest station by utilizing a single radio for two operators."
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

There are many contest stations using MultiFlex with 2 operators and a single transmitter very successfully.

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think it depends on what you want. I can imagine scenarios where this is a good fit. Sure, a little more coordination is needed if you have a CQing station on one band and a S&P on the other. For just hunting down Multis this is not a problem at all. A complete and equivalent substitute for 2 TRXs it will not be. But considering that you need two of everything for what you get with the Flex setup is still amazing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.