Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Assigning Antenna Port per Band

Options
minorsecond
minorsecond Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭

Is it possible to specify which bands use which antenna ports? I have a 2m transverter and, when switching from 2m back to an HF band, the slice will be on the XVTR port and it's easy to forget to switch it.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I use global profiles for that purpose. I have one profile per band and mode. I seldom change bands using the band selector. Instead, I select the appropriate profile.

• minorsecond
    minorsecond Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len. I suspected using profiles was a solution but wanted to see what folks said. I'll have to start using them I suppose!

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Or use a third party app, flex buttons is a great tool which I use for changing band and mode as multiple settings can all be assigned to 1 button e.g mode, band, slice, rx antenna, tx antenna, dax channel etc.

Keith has done a great job developing this recently.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This might help.

• TX profiles are auto saved
    • TX Profiles are are related by the TX Slice Group Mode and that loads the correct MIC profile
    • The Global Profile pulls in the right Transmit Antenna selection

It helps if you change bands/modes by Global profiles that you have previously saved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.