Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to get panadapter B out of 15 meter band.

Options
John Reves
John Reves Member
edited December 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Flex 6600M. Studying operation of rcvr slices, panadapters....... Panadapter B is stuck in 15 meter band. Unable to change band of B panadapter. Changing status of slice rcvr active to inactive, etc. does not help. A<>B button has no effect....
6600M being operated independently, no computer.

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Do just as you do with the main slice receiver. Touch the frequency display. The band selection box ( along with other selections) will pop up. Touch the band you want. That will change the band for Slice B.

If you haven't done so, download the 6400M/6600M manual from Flex Radio's website. Everything you need to know to operate the 6400M is in the manual.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Tap the R Side Frequency and then hit the band change that pops up.

• John Reves
    Options
    James,
    Many thanks for the kind advice. Alas, I've tried your suggested method several times including variations; nothing will change B panadapter out of 15 meter band. I am verifying B is active before trying to change bands. Tried inactive also but, of course, that doesn't work either. I have a well-used hard copy of the official manual on hand but find no help with any of the info there.

Perhaps it's time for a soft reset but trying to avoid that if I can. I notice than when I do try to change band in B, the AF gain increases but band does not change. Probably a simple fix/explanation for all of this. None are so blind as those who will not see!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I created a support ticket for you.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

John,

Is this radio new to you? Or have you been using it without problem until today? You can try a full reset to see if that clears the problem. That is what the Help Desk will probably suggest you try to see if that clears the problem. If that doesn't work, they will offer you some other things to try. The Help Desk is your best bet to find the problem.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Any updates?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.