Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recording Transmit Audio

Options
I have a Flex-6300 on which 99% of the time I use my iPad Air 4. On my Mac mini I can start xDAX and capture the mic stream from the iPad and send it to the BlackHole virtual audio interface. Then I can start up GarageBand and record the mic stream using the BlackHole interface as the input.

My question is, when doing this am I just capturing the raw mic stream from the iPad's mic? Or is what I'm recording the actual audio that's modulated, including adjustments from the equalizer and processor (if I have it on)? The reason I ask is because even though I get reports of excellent audio using the iPad's mic, making adjustments to the EQ (or turning it off) doesn't really seem to make much difference in how the recorded audio sounds when I play it back. The only way it will record the stream is if the radio is transmitting, so am I getting raw audio or modulated audio when doing that capture?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You are capturing the raw mic stream.

If you want to make audio adjustments after the EQ, CESSB part, you want to run the radio in Full Duplex by starting a 2nd slice on the same frequency with a different RX antenna (XVTR).

This is how you do it on Windows. You can do the same thing on a MAC I think.

• ChrisAC9KH
    Options
    Thanks, Mike. That's what I suspected. Yes, the iPad version of SmartSDR has FDX mode. But I didn't know it could be used to listen to your transmitted audio. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.