Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

4O3A Antenna Genius V4.1.6 Software

Options
Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
edited November 2023 in Antenna Genius

4O3A has released AG v4.1.6 and there are some key areas to watch.

Thanks to Dave WO2X who wrote up this quick start:

A couple of notes

1. Shutdown SmartSDR, Tuner Genius and Antenna Genius
  2. If using a 2x8 AG with SO2R TG XL then AG 4.1.6 needs TG XL 1.2.9
  3. TGXL 1.2.9 will wipe your config and all tuner memories. Not difficult to reconfigure but you may need a "band tour" to get the memories back as you like them.
  4. Back up your AG config, and then restore it in 4.1.6 - check over the band definitions to be sure.
  5. in TG XL SO2R configuration, under Genius configuration use the pull down for AG to select the MAC address of the AG. Do not enter the IP address.  
  6. the Power Genius field in the Tuner Genius Configuration is only needed if using a non-Flex transceiver. Select either A, B or both for ports with non-Flex radios. This allows single CAT/CI-V to the PG XL and TG gets frequency then from PGXL. Leave blank for ports using a Flex 6000 series radio.
  7. You still need to feed band data or pin to band to AG for non-Flex transceivers
  8. When upgrading, if you have issues with tuner, reset tuner by holding the OP/STBY button while turning on power. Continue to hold button until it resets.
  9. When setting up your Bands, make sure your band edges are not the exact same frequency. This bug has been reported to 4O3A.
  10. The AG uses a new API. SmartSDR for MAC is already updated.

For item 6, this is the correct configuration when the Tuner Genius is working with a Power Genius and a Flex 6000 series radio.

Only check Enabled when feeding CAT data to a Power Genius XL from an OEM radio.

For item 9, this is one way to to ensure your band edges are not the same value. They can overlap if you wish as long as the values are different.

Comments

• AB8WD
    AB8WD Member ✭✭
    Options

Where is 1.2.9?

• Opusofid
    Opusofid Member ✭✭
    Options

I am not finding 1.2.9 either.

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As usual, thanks Dave WO2X !

I re-installed the F/W and this time managed to get everything working except the BYPASS function in the TG. I have checkboxes enabled on the bands I want to bypass and band spreads entered along the lines of the recommendations above from Dave WO2X (the v1.2.9 version looks a little different than his example) but the TG never goes into bypass.

Is anyone else seeing this ?

Thanks, Russ KR6W

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Please disregard my last post. I found the problem (clerical error on my part). As far as I can see, the AG and TG work properly now after reinstalling following Dave WO2X's notes above.

Thanks, Russ KR6W

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've now installed v1.2.9 but I'm finding no matter what I configure, if I change from DHCP to a static IP address and then save, it does a configuration reset and clears whatever changes made in configuration including a static IP address and reverts to DHCP.

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, Mine as well

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Do a factory reset after the upgrade of TG by holding the op/bypass button while powering up. Then configure it. I suggest a DHCP reservation in router vs static IP.

Dave wo2x

• K9TI
    K9TI Member ✭✭
    Options

Where is everyone finding v1.2.9?

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

@David Decoons, wo2x hi. I have a TG arriving this week,shall I wait to update both AG (2x8) and the TGXL together or can I update AG meanwhile?

73, Santiago HI8O

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

I would wait.

Dave wo2x

• Ron DePas
    Options
    Is it posable to get a download of 1.2.9 to test? The discussion thread is interesting but nothing beats being able to break things and figure out why. Is there a release that one can sign to be able to test pre released versions?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I have reached out to 4O3A

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

So is this ready for primetime or not? If yes then where might I find the link to download the TGXL SO2R v1.2.9 software?

I cannot find it on the Flex Radio site, or the 4O3A site and others that have asked in this thread did not get a direct answer of it's location.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

John, it has not been disseminated by 4O3A if 1.2.9 will be the public release version or not. Until they make that announcement, Flex will not be posting it.

Dave wo2x

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

Howdy all. Just wanted to share my experience in here in case it helps anybody.

I got my TGXL last week and didn't want to wait until the whole TG/AG compatibility is cleared, so what I did was, installed latest version of AG (4.1.6) and latest version of TG (1.1.20) and to avoid any conflict I just paired the TG with my Flex 6400 and left unchecked the sync with AG).

AG is working fine with the Flex and TG is working fine with the Flex and since those two are not talking to each other there's no conflict so far.

Hope this is useful.

73, Santiago HI8O

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

The issue with doing that is you lose the ability for the TG XL to pull the antenna configuration in from the AG. You lose the ability to have 20 tuning memories per band/per antenna (up to 4 antennas per band). You will have to tune every time you QSY.

Dave wo2x

• Joe Gann
    Joe Gann Member
    Options
    looking for feedback, I just added a TG and AG to my 6400m. signifiant latencey when switching antennas via AG software. some times it hangs up, if i switch bands on the maestro there is a lag up to several seconds before antenna switching occurs after selecting a diffrent antenna. upgraded to ver 4.6.1
    thanks
    KJ6ZFS
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

What version TG firmware?

AG 4.1.6 is NOT compatible with TG firmware 1.1.20

Dave wo2x

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

@David Decoons, wo2x @Mike-VA3MW any news from Ranko on the TGXL software? or are we still in the same situation still.

73, Santiago

HI8O

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

None and I asked them again on Monday.

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Options

Understood. Thanks for your reply.

• Phil VK4KW
    Phil VK4KW Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting a similar non-response to my enquiry about the 4X8 'Super Switch' facility that I recently bought hardware for.

The software / firmware is still not able to actually provide this advertised functionality in conjunction with 3 OM relay modules.

Very disappointing to say the least.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm puzzled by what's going on here. Version 1.1.20 for Tuner Genius is all I see on 403a site. About 2 weeks I updated to Antenna Genius 4.1.1. The items worked after a bit of tweaking and the new manual feature is nice.

Now I see you guys are loading AG update 4.1.6 while I see it on the 403a I don't see the version I have 4.1.1 which is working. would it help if I upload it somewhere????

Ian

KM4CQG

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

If you read my previous posts, you will find 4O3A has not released the matching Tuner Genius firmware to work with AG 4.1.6. Also the AG firmware does not have all the features of AG v3 implemented yet in v4.:I have suggested staying in AG 3.1.5 anf TG XL 1.1.20:untilmFlex can test the firmware once released.

There may be unforeseen issues trying to use AG 4.1.1 with TG XL 1.1.20

Dave wo2x

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

David

I reviewed the previous Posts and was offering Version 4.1.1 has a temp fix till until Ranko releases a update.

Ian

KM4CQG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.