Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

persistence?

Options
K0FG_Fred
K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

When does persistence change a saved profile? If I load a profile and then change it someway, maybe power or AGC-T, when does that change get saved into the loaded profile? What do I do if I do not want that change saved into my profile?

Do all three types of profiles get changed the same way? Does it make a difference if I am using SSDR or my 6400M face?

I want to understand this because I use lots of profiles. The manual hints at what goes on but does not give much detail.

Fred, K0FG

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The profile settings are saved as they are changed. Seems like it was changed 3-4 years ago. Previously profiles required a deliberate click to save. Flex made the change because they believed it would reduce support request. It should be selectable to turn auto save on or off.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike. Thanks for your very informative explanation of persistence. I understand most of what you are saying and I have done many profiles, exported and imported them.

So I guess as soon as I change anything on the screen that changes the current profile. But does that affect the exported/saved profile? If I load a xmit profile that has been exported/saved with 100 watts drive power, and I then change the power to 4 watts to make the qso as QRP, is the exported/saved profile changed so the next time I import profiles then that xmit profile will show 4 watts output?

I can understand keeping the changed setting as long as that profile is active. But if I import profiles then I would not want that change to show up in the imported profile.

I'm not asking you to change your process nor am I criticizing how things are done, I'm just trying to understand it so I know how to use it.

Fred, K0FG

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you change something on the radio, it does NOT affect an exported profile. The Exported profiles are a backup that you can reload if required.

Correct. If you import a profile, it goes back to the point in time that you saved it.

Good questions. Thanks for asking.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike I appreciate your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.